How do I connect into my Xbox account if I forgot the email and the password?

Hello Xbox Community!

Recently, my son wanted to log in into his old Xbox account and we both forgot the password and the email. We only know the Gamertag that is TheLink69. And, well we've been trying to log in into the account. I, personally spoke to two Xbox support employees and they gave me links but the links didn't work. Now, we don't know what to do so I came here to ask for help and I hope that you guys can help me.

Regards,

John Aberdile

Hello!

The first steps would be trying to do a forgot password on the e-mail address (or addresses) you think it may be, assuming you have access to them.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, I tried that but unfortunately, I found out that it is on an address that starts with a "j" and its an outlook email address and I don't have access to that email address and I didn't knew nothing about it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi John,

Thanks for updating us with your reply. Sorry to hear that you're having difficulty accessing your profile. If you've already been provided the email address used for log in by the Xbox Support team, then you'll need to attempt the Lost Password Solution to create a new password. In relation to not having access to the email address, did you have any other security information in the account that you may use to verify so that you may access, like an alternate email or phone number? 

Go ahead and give the wizard provided a try, as it does have some great information about account recovery, even in these circumstances. Please let us know the results.

I hope this helps out.

Regards,
XBF Amber M
Microsoft Agent | Moderator
(๑•ᴗ•๑)♡
"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi John,

Thanks for updating us with your reply. Sorry to hear that you're having difficulty accessing your profile. If you've already been provided the email address used for log in by the Xbox Support team, then you'll need to attempt the Lost Password Solution to create a new password. In relation to not having access to the email address, did you have any other security information in the account that you may use to verify so that you may access, like an alternate email or phone number? 

Go ahead and give the wizard provided a try, as it does have some great information about account recovery, even in these circumstances. Please let us know the results.

I hope this helps out.

Hello there, XBF Amber M

I did not receive any email address from the Xbox Support team. In my post, I said that I only know the Gamertag, and when I tried to log in with my Gamertag, I pressed "Forgot password", and it just showed me the first 2 letters of that email that was: "J" and "I". 

(I don't know how to take a screenshot on a Mac so one of my friends helped me! Hope you understand!)

Regards,

John Aberdile

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there DaRealGhosTT,

Thanks for the reply and for trying the troubleshooting article above. I recommend trying the following article: Find your Microsoft account email address.

If the issue persists, try contacting Customer Support for further assistance.

Hope this helps.  

Thanks for being a part of the Xbox Family.
Happy Gaming! ಠ‿ಠ

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello there,

We have split a comment(s) from this thread and will be locking this post.

Best wishes!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 23, 2023 Views 233 Applies to: