How can I change my Microsoft account email without verification?

So yesterday when I got my Xbox One  I found out that I won't be able to use my Microsoft account on it. The one I'm using right now, i mean. The reason is, I accedentally put .ca at the end of the email when I was making my account instead of .com, so when I try to log in it sends a verification email to [Mod Removed] which doesn't exist. And to change the email on my account to my actual email it needs to send a verification to confirm that I'm not a hacker, the email of which it sends to won't exist. So, if there is anyway for me to verify my account in another way, please tell me.

Hey there, Zwacky19! I moved your thread to the proper forum to get it the best visibility!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

the website to do this at is account.live.com. Usually you can't change the primary alias without having verifying it first. The agent told me that there is actually a "back door" to this. BE WARNED, you wont be able to do this option if you have money on your Microsoft account. Also, the website has changed a little since I went through this but another player recently messaged me and said this worked.

Here's how.

Step 1: Sign into account.live.com with the email and password to your Microsoft account

Step 2: When on the account summary, you'll see a message saying the following "Your Email address has not been verified" followed by a blue hyperlink stating Verify email address. Click on that link.

Step 3: After you click on the link, you be on a page that'll tell you that a verification email was sent to that email address. Ignore this page and open a new tab (Internet explorer would be preferred)

Step 4: On the new tab, go to www.outlook.com

Step 5: After going to www.outlook.com, you will see a blue link saying "Change the email for your Microsoft account". Again, you won't see this link if you have money on your Microsoft account.

Step 6: Once your on the "Alias Management" Page, use the option for an existing email for the primary alias. The Primary alias for the Micorosft has to be an email that you've never used with Microsoft/Xbox. The website will give you an error.

I would recommend talking to an agent at 1-800-469-9269 to further assist you, You can also PM me if have any questions. NOT EVERY AGENT WILL KNOW THIS OPTION.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 24, 2023 Views 324 Applies to: