halo infinite won't launch on xbox app for pc.

I keep getting easy anti-cheat not installed. I tried opening easyanticheat_setup.exe from the game files but it doesn't work. It opens for a split second then closes. I have tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling several times also tried repair and resetting the app from app settings & nothing seems to work. tried updating windows no updates found! I have been trying for a month to fix this!!!!!! At this point I think I am done with the xbox app for pc. I never have an issue with steam!

|

Hello AaronLindsey1,

Good day! Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you're experiencing issues with launching Halo Infinite on the Xbox app for PC. It sounds like you've already tried several troubleshooting steps but let me provide you with some additional suggestions that may help. However, just a heads up, here at Microsoft Community forums we only have limited tools in case the troubleshooting steps fail, we may need you to reach the Game's Support for further assistance.

Here are some steps you can try:

1. Reset the game: Press the Windows Key + I simultaneously on your keyboard. Select the Apps section from the menu selection. Find Halo Infinite in the application list. Left-click Halo Infinite to reveal Advanced options. Find the Reset button and left-click it.

2. Make sure that your Windows operating system is up to date. You can check for updates by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.

3. Try running the easyanticheat_setup.exe file as an administrator. Right-click on the file and select "Run as administrator."

4. Reinstall the game: Open the Xbox app and reinstall Halo Infinite.

If none of these step's work, we highly suggest contacting Halo Support for further assistance. They are the dedicated team assigned for this and they have the tools and resources to help resolve your issue. To reach them, please check this link: How to Submit a Halo Support Ticket – Halo Support (halowaypoint.com)

We hope this helps and you're able to enjoy the game soon. If you have any other questions or issues, please let me know.  We are always happy to assist you.

Have a great day and happy gaming!

Sincerely,

Belen T.C.

Microsoft Community Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I've had problems with the Xbox app for PC in the past as well and it's a nightmare to fix it. Try uninstalling Halo and then open the Windows Store app and see if you have any updates available, particularly for 'Gaming Services'.

Make sure everything is up to date and then open up your Task Manager (right click on the task bar for the context menu) and force quit any related tasks running for Halo, Xbox and Game Services and then restart your PC. Hopefully that works... it's one of those things that seems to require a lot of trial and error and it will suddenly work.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello AaronLindsey1,

We haven't received any response from you, so we are assuming that your concern has been addressed. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding. Have a good one!

Sincerely,

Belen T.C.

Microsoft Community Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 22, 2024 Views 121 Applies to: