Green lines and dot on my monitor screen

Hey guys,

I've been having issues with my monitor screen and how not all the time, but a majority of the time I turn on my Xbox One, the screen turns on and off and has these green dots and lines all over it. I was wondering if this is caused by the HDMI cable or maybe the monitor itself. Cheers.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You can try another HDMI cable or another monitor/tv to find out where the problem is.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there,

this can be caused by several things. The best thing is to just try a few different things to determine what part is the cause

First thing to check is if the cable is connected properly on both monitor and console side.

If it is but the issue remains, then I would try to see what happens when using a different HDMI cable or connecting the console to a different TV/Monitor, if the monitor has multiple HDMI inputs you can try that too.

Doing these steps will allow you to determine if it's the cable, the Monitor or console.

Let us know the results

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried by connecting my Xbox to the TV in the same room and the lines and dots did not appear there. I think it has to do with the HDMI cable or maybe the monitor.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey,

I have tried adjusting the HDMI cable on both the console and the monitor end but to no avail. I have also connected my Xbox to my TV and the problem does not occur. However, I have not yet tried to change the port the HDMI cable is plugged into on the monitor.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there IndianaJonesy98, 

Thank you for responding and letting us know that you are not seeing this on the display for your TV. If you used the same HDMI cord that you use for your monitor then it more than likely is not going to be a problem with the HDMI cord. If you have used a different cord then I would advise that you test out the second HDMI cord with the monitor to see if this fixes the problem. 

If replacing the cord does not resolve the problem then unfortunately it looks like the monitor will be the problem and you may need to contact support for the monitors manufacturer. 

Happy Gaming!

XBF Erick C

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there

When connecting my Xbox to the TV I used a different HDMI cable, does this mean that the problem could still be within the cable? And would it be a good idea to try using a different HDMI cable to see if it is the monitor that has the issue?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello again! 

If you tested the TV using a different HDMI cord then I would advise that you use that same cord with the monitor to see if this is the root of the problem. Replacing a HDMI cord is definitely going to be a lot less expensive than having to replace the monitor. 

Give it a try and hopefully replacing the HDMI resolves this problem, if the issue persists then it looks like you may need to Contact support for the monitors manufacturer for further assistance. 

I hope this helps. 

XBF Erick C

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

possibly your HDMI cable is failing test with another and of course on another screen also if possible

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just wanted to add a quick warning to not plug/unplug HDMI cables while the devices are powered on. HDMI is not supposed to be hot swapped like that.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there

When connecting my Xbox to the TV I used a different HDMI cable, does this mean that the problem could still be within the cable? And would it be a good idea to try using a different HDMI cable to see if it is the monitor that has the issue?

Image artifacts like those green lines and pixels are usually a sign that the data transfer between console and display gets corrupted. 

This can be caused by a faulty cable, or simply if the cable isn't seated in the plug properly or if the contacts on the cable or the display are corroded. 

Since changing the cable should be a simple task, I do recommend changing the cable to your monitor with a known working cable. Or maybe it's just that the cable wriggled it's way out of the monitor plug a bit, and doesn't get good contact. 

You might try to unplug the cable from the monitor as well, and properly plug it in again, making sure there is no dirt or corrosion on the plug. 

If the pixels still appear, then it might be that the cable has a broken lead or something. Just replace the whole cable then. 

If it still appears glitchy, it might be that the input plug on your monitor is defective, since your console seems to work properly on other displays.

Did my post help you? Please click on "Yes" below or choose it as the answer to your problem. Thanks! (ᵔᴥᵔ)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2024 Views 7,019 Applies to: