Gamertag change for Minecraft on Nintendo Switch

I recently got Minecraft (Bedrock Edition) for the first time on my Switch and when I created a Microsoft account for it, it gave me an auto-generated username that I would like to change. I have been unable to find sufficient information to fix this, please help! I've never used it before on any other gaming system (I do not have an XBOX and thus cannot change it from there)

Change your gamertag through a web browser:

1. Go to the Change gamertag page at account.xbox.com.
  2. Sign in using the Microsoft account email address and password associated with your gamertag.
  3. Enter your new gamertag, and then select Check Availability.
  4. Once you find an available gamertag, click Claim it
    Note If your gamertag was created for you when you initially signed up for Xbox (meaning you did not choose it yourself), you can change it one time for free. Additional Xbox gamertag changes cost extra. 
  5. If you created your own gamertag at signup and want to change it, you will be charged (fee varies by region and currency).

Game ON!

89 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried that, but every time I try to visit account.xbox.com, it automatically takes me to a page about changing your child's Xbox privacy (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026796/microsoft-account-change-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings) and so I can't sign in. It even happens when I go to Xbox.com and click on "my account"--I get redirected to the same page. I have no idea why this keeps happening. Also, I can't click on "sign in" on the Xbox website.

15 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I fixed it :)

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there!  

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.   

Thank you again and have a great day! 

Regards,
XBF Amber M
Microsoft Agent | Moderator
(๑•ᴗ•๑)♡
"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 14, 2020 Views 38,503 Applies to: