GamePass (Free 1 Month Promo for paying with PayPal)

Hi,

I clicked on the promo on my Xbox for purchasing a month of GamePass with your PayPal account and recieving a free month in return. I spoke with Microsoft Support and they referred me here. Both my Amex and my PayPal account show that I made the purchase within the window of the promotion Sept 19th-Oct 31st. I purchased it on Sept 22nd and it is now 10/12 and I still have yet to receive the free code for a month of GamePass in my Inbox.

Microsoft Support Tag: [Mod Removed – Personal Information]

Promo Link: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/promotions/paypal-gamepass

Any help ya'll can provide will be much appreciated since Xbox Support couldn't help me.

Thanks,

Jordan

When you buy from xbox store you do not get any code in email unless it’s a gift, rather subscription gets applied to your account by itself.

You should already be subscribed to game pass. You can confirm it here https://account.microsoft.com/services/

Login with the same account you used to purchase and you will see your subscription along with details such as purchased date and next billing date.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

My GamePass says it expires on 10/15. The small writing at the bottom says that I will receive the free code in my xbox message center after 2 weeks of purchase which was 9/22. I havent receivee anything and the free month haant been auto applied to my account. My GamePass auto renews but I was late paying it that month and took advantage of the promo once I saw it on my xbox. The charge went through on 9/22 within the promo window of 9/19-10/31.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The gamepass is activated immediately it does not need any code ... you have activated the 22 and it should expire you on October 20 ..... if you have not used it ... well it's pity .... try to download, for example, FH4 from the store with game pass and see what it tells you
Surface 3 2/64, macbook pro mid2014(16 Gb Ram, nvidia Gpu, ssd 512 e 2.8Ghz), ipad mini retina, iphone 6s , mi band 1 e 2, ipad air 2 32 Gb cellular

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Note, the offer does state it is for new members only. So if you've previously had Game Pass, you would not be eligible for the free month.

*Existing Xbox Game Pass members who use PayPal as their recurring billing payment method and make an automatic Game Pass monthly payment will be entered into the sweepstakes; they will not receive a bonus 1-month bonus Game Pass.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Rainbow

Being that you had an existing subscription to game pass you was only entered in the sweepstakes. As the extra free month was for new subscribers. As the previous posted that line is at bottom of the promo link.

Thanks,

Brad

Xbox Forum team

Stay safe have fun. GAME HARD just not too hard :) ಠ益ಠ

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Having just spoken to support, I am very annoyed about the way this promotion was advertised. I received an email from paypal regarding this free month via paypal. These were the T&C's at the bottom:

* Xbox Game Pass “Bonus Month” offer cannot be combined with any other offer and is only available in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom to all consumers who purchase a single 1-month Xbox Game Pass from Xbox.com, Xbox console or Xbox app using PayPal as their purchase instrument and consumers who currently use PayPal for the their recurring Xbox Game Pass membership payments (does not include purchases or payments made with any PayPal branded debit or credit card when used outside of the PayPal wallet). Limited to one bonus month per person. This offer ends on 31 October 2018 or while supplies last, and is not redeemable for cash. Codes are valid until 29 January 2019. Please allow 2 weeks for delivery of your bonus 1-month code via the Xbox Message Centre. Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, change, or suspend this offer at any time without notice. Xbox Game Pass subscription continues to be charged monthly at the then-current price (subject to change; plus applicable taxes) unless cancelled.

So this made me eligible for this offer. The email doesnt state further T&C's. As I subscribe via recurring billing I didnt go to the Game Pass website. I also wasnt directed there to read further T&C's. The next time I receive a promo from you, please make sure the T&C's clearer than the above, expecially when they get amended 2 days before I receive the promotion and dont state this.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I ran into the same issue, which was also advertised on Windows Central stating that it also applies to existing accounts. I didn't had reoccurring billing but changed it last month and was billed twice already and also no code.

Here's the link: https://www.windowscentral.com/snag-free-month-xbox-game-pass-when-you-buy-one-paypal

I also read that it will take up to three weeks to receive my code. If it's a sweepstake I would consider the promotion as a rip-off.

The Support Agent also confirmed that I'm eligible for the code.

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello!

Thank you very much for bringing this issue to our attention. We will be more than happy to assist you with this issue. We recommend creating a new thread with a detailed description of the issue. Thank you again, and we look forward to hearing from you!

\(^ω^\)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 28, 2021 Views 2,573 Applies to: