Game Just Uninstalled Itself

I have been playing Sekiro, and when I came back to my console to play it today, my account refused to log in which was followed by internet issues, and finally, after solving these issues, Sekiro had just disappeared from my list of games. I took out and reinserted the disk, and it started reinstalling. It wouldn't be a total issue if this wasn't annoying, but the required 5.3 GB update is a bit too much for my monthly internet usage allowance. Does anyone if my game is somewhere lost in my internal storage, or what?
|
Try a hard restart , make sure that any external hard drives are plugged in and powered. The update could also be the the reason that it uninstalled , as it would want to uninstall and over write all of the information

2 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

If it is reinstalling, then I doubt it's hiding somewhere on the internal hard drive, was the game saved to an external hard drive?

In regards to your monthly internet allowance, I would recommend you try to wait until the end of your internet monthly allowance and then update all your games (that is what I used to do). You can also uninstall Sekiro, take your console to offline mode, insert your Sekiro disc, then it will install what is on the disc and you can play Sekiro. Please note that this will mean that you are not playing the most recent version of the game, and you will be playing offline.

Also since you limited monthly internet, you might want to make sure that your games, apps and console are not updating automatically.

1 person found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been playing Sekiro, and when I came back to my console to play it today, my account refused to log in which was followed by internet issues, and finally, after solving these issues, Sekiro had just disappeared from my list of games. I took out and reinserted the disk, and it started reinstalling. It wouldn't be a total issue if this wasn't annoying, but the required 5.3 GB update is a bit too much for my monthly internet usage allowance. Does anyone if my game is somewhere lost in my internal storage, or what?

If it is giving the option to install again and then apply the update, the logical conclusion is that it has been deleted.

I feel here you have to weigh up if you want to spend that mobile data on Sekiro goodness or not. A dilemma I do not envy :D

P.S (Do it) ;)

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Is it possible that you canceled the update when you were in the middle of attempting to download the update during the Xbox Live service alert? If you cancelled the games update when it was attempting to download. It would actually uninstall the game from your system. Anytime you cancel an update that has started. The game/app in question will uninstall. 

20 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I did, so that would explain it uninstalling. It is really odd that Microsoft would translate cancel 158MB update as delete the game, but oh well. I'll just bite the bullet on the redownload.

4 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Grunt,

Reason for the game being deleted if an update is cancelled. Games always need updates and today the updates are more and more. If one starts that means it is writing data in the game, once it is cancelled the game is deleted so the game don't become corrupt. This was found out by a lot of research that most corrupt games were due to cancelling of an update then restarting the update at a later time. So now it uninstalls the game to protect it from being corrupt.

Thanks,

Brad

Stay safe have fun. GAME HARD just not too hard :) ಠ益ಠ

7 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Just reinstall the game and try again.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

if the game was updating and you cancelled it or the server dropped out it could of uninstalled it. 

7 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 1, 2021 Views 8,700 Applies to: