Flight Simulator: "Something went wrong with the download, see 499"

I have downloaded the game with Steam and started it successfully. Then I started the in-game update. This error message appeared after the update had downloaded 58 GB: "DEBUG: $$: Something went wrong with the download, see 499". The download gets stuck and does not continue. 

I tried to uninstall the game via Steam, then I installed it again, and after opening the game it now immediately shows error 499 again.

Edit:

The screenshot of the error message looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/B5dHHzF

I have now tried to uninstall the game via Steam, I deleted the 58GB of data that the game had downloaded to c:/user/$USERNAME/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft Flight Simulator, then I deleted the Steam download cache, restarted Windows and opened Steam to install the game again. The installation of the game is successful but when I start the in-game update then it immediately gets stuck forever at "Please wait ...", it looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=hVYqSsG0avM

I have contacted the Steam support and this is what they say: "Concerning this problem it appears to be a game server issue that will require the attention of the games official support team. We are sorry we did not create this game and have limited support we can provide in regards to this issues." 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have the same problem. After about 57GB came through the connection went down to under 100kbps.  After that point, it spent another 7 hours downloading 3 GB of the 95.7 GB content package. I checked my wifi connection and have moderate signal. I checked with Xfinity and they say there is no throttling.  Their Speedtest during the download showed an average speed of 40.0 Mbps. but I know that my speed at the router is over 130 Mbps. Performance manager shows traffic spikes, at 100 Kbps, but most samples show 0 or 8 or 24 kbps for the machine with 2 or 3 second gaps.  

Microsoft needs to investigate whether there is a throttling problem on this site or for extremely large downloads. in general  This is the largest file I've tried to download in over a year.  Not sure why they designed the installation this way.  At this rate, it looks like my download will take between 35 and 250 hours.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

OK. After pausing the download and restarting my machine, it restarted from the last checkpoint and I'm able to continue downloading at normal speeds (30-50 Mbs).  The thing to remember is that the download process should be able to restart where it left off.  My download should be complete in a few more minutes.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

For those of us with crappy internet connections the 150GB download can take DAYS.  And having to constantly restart the damn thing for one reason or another is ridiculous!

For the $125 I spent on the Premium version they should have included a USB stick with ALL of the content needed to at least install and actually use the thing.

Plus, WHY did they insist on including a looping music tune that I can't turn off during the entire download??

Not everyone has multiple Gigabit internet speeds Bill!!

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Olá,

Eu tenho o mesmo problema para vários jogos que são grandes, por isso desistir do gamepass duas vezes, e tornei a comprar pelo Flight Simulador, mas vem esse erro, e me parece que as coisas da microsoft para loja não funcionam, pelo menos jogos grandes são assim, sempre dão erro... Pior, no meu caso, o pausar nem funciona!

Provavelmente terei que cancelar o gamepass novamente e desistir de uma vez por todas!

Sorry this didn't help.

Eu resolvi esse problema, basta ir na seguinte localização : C:\Users\SeuNome\AppData\Local\Packages e excluir a pasta Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

I resolve this problem go to location C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages and delete this directory Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Sorry for my english

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm in the same problem, but worse,  my download is stuck on -85 gb ( i think the better solution is the asobo put the full download directy on XBOX APP, so first the system wll download the content, and after will instal/update

Sorry this didn't help.

worst the APP run the graphics cards and spends energy

Sorry this didn't help.

DAM OLD 10 DVDS //// IS MORE SECURE

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh my god that terrible terrible 16 second loop of music.

Sorry this didn't help.

Look at the bottom right side of your screen in the system tray, right-click the loudspeaker symbol. Select “Open Volume Mixer” from the pop-up menu. There you can mute Flight Simulator or any other program that is currently running.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 21, 2020 Views 2,468 Applies to: