Flight Simulator Forum Access

Not sure if here is the right place to ask, but I don't know where else...

So, I purchased Flight Simulator Premium. I had already obtained a handle to log in into the MSFS-forum (forums.flightsimulator.com). After installing MSFS I changed my Xbox gamertag. I logged into the forums and I found my alias there did not change to my new Xbox gamertag. I found no way to change it in the forums, so I decided to completely leave the forums and then sign up again with my new gamertag.

Now it seems it is impossible to even read the forums, whenever I try to enter the site I get the following message:

"Oops

The software powering this discussion forum encountered an unexpected problem. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Detailed information about the error was logged, and an automatic notification generated. We'll take a look at it.

No further action is necessary. However, if the error condition persists, you can provide additional detail, including steps to reproduce the error, by posting a discussion topic in the site's feedback category."

Deleting cookies, different browser, different PC, even from my mobile - I can't log in, it seems my Xbox-account is now denied  or erroneous somehow. What can I do? Obviously I can't ask in the MSFS forums...

The game itself works fine, it's just the forums.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Same problem, really frustrating as I'd like to take part in the contests

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem. Purchased the MSFS 2 weeks ago. Never been able to login. I can login to website of the game my profile exists, I have no issues with the game but unable to get to the forums.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Got an answer (see below) but I cannot do anything with it, they dont match my situation. Luckily there is AVSIM forums, but I also would like to react on the official forum to provide bug feedback to the dev team.I never received the initial activation link or something like that after my first attempt to register, and it also was not in my spam box. So I would like to sign in with different mail but that is not possible.

---------

Hi Rene,

You may get the "Oops" error message if you attempt to login and…

·         Have deleted the forum account and are trying to create a new forum account with the same email address and or Gamertag

·         Solution: Sign up with a new email address and Gamertag

·         Have a Microsoft Account without an Xbox account (Gamertag)

·         Solution: Go to Xbox.com, log in with your Microsoft Account credentials and activate the Gamertag.

·         Have been banned from Xbox Live

·         Solution: Contact Xbox support for details

·         If you get to the point where you must consent to the Microsoft terms of use and you say NO

·         Solution: Go to Xbox.com to activate your account and agree to the Microsoft terms of use on that account.

Make sure you are using a browser with the latest updates installed. Microsoft Edge is the preferred browser for use.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here as well. Not able to login and not able to register with another eMail adress.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2024 Views 787 Applies to: