FINDING FRIENDS ON FORTNITE between PS4 and Xbox

How do I find friends on fortnite Xbox I understand the basics but I have tried typing in their names and they don't come up?!  I know they are on PS4 and I am on Xbox micro soft but I was told its now possible to play across all games.   I looked into signing up with Epic Games but that costs and I don't know why as I am a registered fortnite player with my live gold card (which I think is a rip off). 

Can someone please explain to me what I am doing wrong as I have read so many blogs and websites and PS4, Epic games, Microsoft and Xbox don't seem to want anyone to understand how it works so they can keep ripping money from us! the ACCC should be looking into this and the lack of information on charges.

Bring back good old Atari and DSIs at least all you did was buy a game that was yours for life not like all these upgrades and extra rubbish.

We need a new gaming business that makes this all simple and stops the politics

You'll have to add friends from your Epic games account, you can't add ps4 friends directly from xbox.

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

If you want to add somebody from another console you‘ll have to do so over their Epic Account name and NOT their console‘s ID. 

Epic Accounts don‘t cost money and one should be set up automatically when you play via your Xbox. You can try going to epicgames.com and log in with the Xbox Live sign-in option. 

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

you need to sign up with epic then you can find through menu on fortnite
Always Try To Be Kind !

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you want to add somebody from another console you‘ll have to do so over their Epic Account name and NOT their console‘s ID. 

Epic Accounts don‘t cost money and one should be set up automatically when you play via your Xbox. You can try going to epicgames.com and log in with the Xbox Live sign-in option. 

I went to set up an account (which like you said should already be done if on Xbox fortnite) however its asking for my credit card I am scared to put this in as I don't want to pay for something I don't have to and I find these games love having your credit card details then start demanding money half the time you are paying twice for the same thing.  Why does Epic want my credit card details if the account is free??

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I went to set up an account (which like you said should already be done if on Xbox fortnite) however its asking for my credit card I am scared to put this in as I don't want to pay for something I don't have to and I find these games love having your credit card details then start demanding money half the time you are paying twice for the same thing.  Why does Epic want my credit card details if the account is free??

think the problems been fixed thanks

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can play across platform on fortnite. You add friends through the start menu in game you can search either by email, game tag , or epic username. You can not add friends from Ps4 directly to your xbox. The friends you add on epic will be listed on your friends list in game uder epic friends.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You must have wrong some process, because you do not pay to use Epic, to add and play in crossplay has to be by Epic, try straight from the console.
I am inevitable!!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Add friends through your Epic Games account With Fortnite version 3.4, you can now add, remove and manage your Epic Games friends through the main menu on consolesEpic Games via Polygon

Your iOS, Nintendo Network, PlayStation and Xbox friends lists are locked into those platforms, but your Epic Games account breaks down the barriers between them. Epic doesn’t care where you’re playing Fortnite, and becoming friends through Epic enables cross-platform play.

In effect, you need to create a cross-platform friends list with Epic. After you’ve linked your Epic Games account to wherever you’re playing Fortnite, you can add friends to that account in the following ways:

• With the Epic Games Launcher or Fortnite on Mac and PC.
  • With Fortnite on mobile.
  • Through the main menu on consoles with Fortnite. Since the 3.4 update, you can add, remove and manage your Epic friends to your party from the main menu (see the image above).

On mobile, you can use your Epic Games account, Facebook, Google, PlayStation Network, Xbox Live or Nintendo Network account to sign in.

Hope This Helped.

DrifterX22

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 1, 2024 Views 11,719 Applies to: