Family permissions for minecraft servers

Hi 

My son (9) wants to play minecraft on my laptop, already plays on 360 but wants the extras.

On his log in (family profile) he can't access the servers option of the game. On my log in he can.

I've gone through the settings on the xbox website but I can't see what it is that is stopping his profile accessing the servers. 

Any ideas please?

He is using an xbox live log in, we both have the free accounts not live gold or anything.

Please tailor responses to dunce parent.

Need the dad points...

Thanks

David

Answer
Answer

You say your son is already added to your parental account on https://account.microsoft.com/family, right?

If so, please go to https://account.xbox.com/settings and sign in with your parent account. 

You should see your son's account to be selectable. 

Click on your son's account and change his online and privacy settings. 

You will have three categories: Privacy, Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety and Xbox 360 Online Safety.  

On the Privacy Tab, set the settings to what you want your son to be able to do online in general. But to be able to visit realms or other online players, he would have to be able to "See and upload community creations" (at least Friend's creations, if playing on public servers he'll need the permission for everyone).

Save the settings you made on the Privacy tab, before you click on the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety settings. 

There you need to allow at least the ability to "join multiplayer games".

Also save the settings. 

If your son was signed in on the Laptop while the changes were made, he needs to sign out of the laptop and then sign back in. 

Then your son should be able to play Minecraft online on the PC. 

Did my post help you? Please click on "Yes" below or choose it as the answer to your problem. Thanks! (ᵔᴥᵔ)

78 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 22, 2024 Views 20,191 Applies to: