Fallout 76 Issues playing on PC - black screen after load

Fallout 76 will start and goto a black screen after the initial load screen. This is the only game that I have this issue with. Have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and drivers are all up to date.

Hello, Jedi my name is Oskayra I am an independent advisor and player like you I hope I can help solve your problem today It's frustrating and unusual that Fallout 76 is the only game you experience a black screen issue with after loading on your PC. While you've tried some common troubleshooting steps, here are some additional options to explore: Further Troubleshooting: 1. Verify Game Files: Launch the Bethesda launcher and go to the Fallout 76 library. Click the gear icon and select "Verify Game Files." This will scan and repair any corrupted game files. 2. Disable Fullscreen Optimizations: Right-click the Fallout 76 executable file and go to "Properties." Click the "Compatibility" tab and check the "Disable fullscreen optimizations" box. Apply the changes and try launching the game. 3. Update DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables: Ensure you have the latest versions of DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables installed. These are essential for several games, including Fallout 76. Download and install the latest versions from Microsoft's website. 4. Adjust Launch Options: Right-click the Fallout 76 executable file and go to "Properties." Click the "Shortcut" tab and find the "Target" field. Add "-windowed" at the end of the target path, outside the quotation marks. This will launch the game in windowed mode, which might bypass the black screen issue. 5. Disable Background Applications: Close any unnecessary applications running in the background before launching Fallout 76. Some programs might interfere with the game's launch. 6. Update BIOS and Chipset Drivers: Outdated BIOS and chipset drivers can sometimes cause compatibility issues with games. Update them to the latest versions from your motherboard manufacturer's website. 7. Check for Overclocking: If you're overclocking your CPU or GPU, try resetting them to default settings. Overclocking can sometimes cause stability issues in games. I really hope your problem has been fixed with my help, have a nice day. Oskayra

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2024 Views 2,950 Applies to: