Fallout 4 next gen update has broken my DLCs, PC Game Pass

Ever since downloading the next gen update earlier today, whenever i try and load my saved game it gives me a message about how the "save relies content that is no longer present" even though when i check my add-ons in the main menu it says they are all installed.

i have tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling, and deleting just the DLCs and reinstalling those but the problem still persists.

everything was working just fine last night before the update.

any help would be much appreciated, as i would like to play

|

You'll find support for Bethesda games here

https://help.bethesda.net

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Launching from the .exe instead of the Xbox launcher seems to fix the issue.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This fixed it for me. Thanks!

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This seems to be an xbox app problem, as launching the game directly from the exe instead of through the xbox app fixes it.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the exact same problem and nothing fixes it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If I may, the game will start doing that (Browse game files > Fallout 4 / Content > clicking on the Fallout4.exe) - but the DLC I've encountered so far is "broken"... (Automatron DLC material experienced so far - I usually do that DLC first)... [**SPOILERS of the DLC are below**]

Robots will spawn in "T-pose" fashion, and when they die, they do not drop to the ground level and cannot be 'opened' for access to loot/transfer items.

I have found that Quicksaving then immediately Loading the same save game file, bypasses this issue, and the mobile NPCs are able to be accessed/looted - but the rest of the DLC still does not work so far, sadly

The final confrontation and area does not fully work, the enemies either do not spawn, or do the same T-pose thing and can't be looted. I couldn't even get to the final area in the first place, as the doors that are special for a robot to open (M-SAT on a robot, eg. ADA) do not function - they do not 'rotate' and do not 'open' - so odd lol

I tried to utilize "tcl", the no-clipping command, to look around the area, and some robot enemies can be found behind closed doors, etc. but they do not come out properly to engage the player/area...

The whole thing is having issues it seems [esp. in my case], which is too bad, it's one of my favourite DLCs. Hopefully with the resources of Microsoft now, Bethesda can get it looked at soon...

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Oddly, Bethesda does not have a Forum for users to share information or post issues encountered - as in AT ALL, as in no forum exists for them - it is all just links on their "support pages" that sends the user to an instant messaging program called Discord...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is the exact issue I ran into. To add to what you said, the dlc weapons aren't working either. Mr. Handy's Buzz Blade and the Salvaged Assaultron Head

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

ah, sorry to hear that (others too) :(

I personally tried reinstalling to another drive, reinstalling to 'C: drive' (some people said it worked for them - loading the DLC that is), I tried resetting (the VERIFY AND REPAIR option in the Fallout 4 game Manage area, of XBOX APP on PC)...it seemed to do nothing, it just greyed out the button for a second, then it said PLAY again right away like what haha

I tested to see if the "VERIFY AND REPAIR" actually does anything by deleting some of the files in the Automatron DLC folder... As a comparison, on STEAM if I did this, it would re-download the files and take a while, then the PLAY button will show up green again. On the XBOX APP on the PC, it did not do that; it just greyed out the button for a second or two, then it was green PLAY button again - it did not download anything...

Mentioning that above paragraph here, as it pertains to the XBOX APP itself on Windows

Maybe MS can get after Bethesda to fix it for XBOX4PC...?

there is no Forum to go to @Bethesda lol

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Glad im not the only one having this issue .Automatron is heavily broken after the recent patch. All other dlc seems to work fine for me tho.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 1,614 Applies to: