Error Code 56d85bb8 Xbox One / 2K19, 2K20

When I am at one address I can successfully play either of these games and have no restrictions and no issues. However, When I am at another location with a Netgear "Blackhawk" router I am not able to stay connected during "play now online", "myteam" and other game modes. 

When i join a game my connection speed and everything is fine but about halfway through the first quarter a message will pop up that says attempting to establish connection and counts down from 14 to 1 before kicking me from the game. Once the countdown begins it never ends until i am removed. It has never corrected itself. When i get kicked, the error code is "56d85bb8". 

All literature that i have read previous to this post points toward the router but the netgear blackhawk is very highly rated and i can play any other game online with no issues. The suggested router is a significant cut from what i already have and i do not see the point in downgrading.

I have reset the router, restarted the XBOX, etc...

This is a wireless connection in a situation where an ethernet cable is not an option.

Any Ideas? Thanks in Advance. 

Hello PLM13

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support and providing all the helpful information regarding the current issue that 

you're experiencing. 

Since you've mentioned that you have no problems with any other games, have you tried uninstalling / reinstalling the 2 games? 

I would also suggest (at the location where you're having problems) try using an ethernet cable if possible... that'll confirm 100% whether or not the router is the main cause of the issue. 

Let us know!

Felix 

Xbox forums support 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Felix, I cannot use a wired connection and I have tried the installation remedies to no avail. 

I have updated my account through 2k services and also refreshed my xbox via the steps provided by customer support. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the exact same issue but on PS4 I use the same router as u as well and have no problem with any other  games just 2k, any fixes yet ?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have had the same problem since 2k19. I have been playing since 2k16 and never had any issues until last year. I have contacted Cox and 2k support and they both said it was my router/modem causing the problem (also had a Netgear Blackhawk). So I had Cox come out and install their newest router (same as another friend of mine who also plays 2k20 with no issues). I was finally able to get through 10+ park games and a Jordan Rec game until out of no where got the countdown, error code and dropped. 

The problem is that my party chat stays connected through the process and I have tried for months to fix this issue with no success. I am hardwired and getting 150+/mbps download speeds.

Please Microsoft, point us in the right direction to get this resolved!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue, but rather than the netgear router, i am using the spectrum wave 2 router along with an ethernet cable. I was able to play 2k19 but not 2k20 since it came out. Ive tried deleting and redownloading the games too!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello , 

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues on your own thread.  

Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums! 

Sincerely,
Ruben
Happy Gaming!
\ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 21, 2020 Views 6,730 Applies to: