Error 0x87e00013 while updating a game in XBox beta onPC

Hi,

When will be fixed the bug that prevent you to update any installed game from your Xbox beta PC version ?

It is here since at least 4 months, all still no patch !

For exemple, if I want to play to Dead cells I have to launch the update, but it's impossible to install it because of the error !

The only thing I can do I uninstall the game and install it again, but I loose all my saved games :(

It's very annoying...

Thank you !

Question Info

Last updated January 15, 2020 Views 1,170 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for your concern. Have you by chance check to see if you have space for the update on your pc? Also try restarting. If none of this works make a separate save of your game so that if you have to uninstall and then reinstall you can just put the world file into the worlds folder.

I hope this helps,

OreganokD

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You should be able to re-install the games without losing your save progress. If you are logged into your Microsoft/Xbox account and are using cloud saves, it should sync your progress up automatically. I'm not sure what the issue with your updates are though. Make sure everything on your PC is up to date (including Windows), then reboot your PC. If none of that helps, then hopefully it will be patched soon or someone more knowledgeable will help you out. Good luck!

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm also having this same error code, except for the latest update to Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition. 

Steam never has these issues. This is ridiculous. 

Tried restarting my computer, twice. No effect on the solution. Now trying uninstalling and re-installing.

I'm using the Xbox Game Pass.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have recently started my gamepass on PC to play The Outer Worlds. After a break I wanted to continue but realized that I cannot start the game anymore. The game needs an update but updating is still (!!!) not working. I get the same error 0x87e00013 and nothing helps to resolve it.

As far as I can see this issue is there for at least 2 months. Sorry that I need to say that but this is (imho) very poor performance and certainly no good promotion for this service. I am currently using a gift code that came with new hardware, but if this issue is not resolved before my code expires, I will certainly not pay for a service that requires you to uninstall and reinstall games instead of updating them.

Best regards.

Sorry this didn't help.

same issue ... can't update any xbox game pass PC games....

have to uninstall /reinstall.

other apps (that are not xbox game pass) are uptated through store without any issue.

for microsoft: dead cells has no cloud saves through xbox live (working on outer world/gears 5..but not dead cells)

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello all, 

As this is an old thread, I will be locking this one. Updates, games and everything changes often so would be best to create a new thread. Once a new thread is created we will be happy to assist you in any issues or questions you might have. 

Thanks, 
Brad 

Stay safe have fun. GAME HARD just not too hard :) ಠ益ಠ

Sorry this didn't help.