Error 0x87DD0005 - We couldn't sign you into your microsoft account (PC Gamepass)

Hello everyone, I have been having a recurring error with my xbox app when I try to open games. I have tried numerous fixes that work temporarily. After a short while, I start getting the same error message again (in the title). I am wondering if this is some kind of account error. It is not ideal for me to have to fix this every time I want to play a game. Here are some fixes I tried:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/pc-we-couldnt-sign-you-in-to-xbox-live-0x80070520/79c32ba2-acef-4edd-900f-6e03bfd080d9 (Thanks microsoft by the way for shutting down the thread so no one could say if this fix didn't work for them, great job)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLDLYIlz99w

(Did everything in this video and it worked for a short while but then happened again)

- Deleted the app and reinstalled

Anyone else having this recurring issue? I feel like asking for my gamepass subscription to be refunded because of this.

Hello,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. I can see that you are having difficulties with Xbox Game Pass. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Here is a recent article answered by nazgull2k1.

Can't sign into Game Pass PC - Microsoft Community

You may also try to perform the method below:

Sign out from Micrsoft Store, Xbox App and Xbox Console Companion App

Open PowerShell then run the following commands

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command “& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *XboxApp*).InstallLocation + ‘\AppxManifest.xml’ ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}”
PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *XboxApp*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *WindowsStore*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

Restart you PC then sign back in

Make sure to sign in first with Store and the Xbox Companion App before signing into Game Pass

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions. 

|Car.Tzy|
| Microsoft Forum Moderator |
| Microsoft Community |

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

Thank you for understanding. 

|Car.Tzy|
| Microsoft Forum Moderator |
| Microsoft Community |

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 13, 2024 Views 2,465 Applies to: