Enrolled into BT/EE account without my knowledge

I use game keys to get game pass ultimate month to month, and have never had an issue until now. I purchased a key on G2A this morning, and after activating I went to turn off recurring billing, which I do regularly. But when I go for the option, it tells me I have purchased from BT/EE and does not give the option to turn off recurring billing. I have never had whatever BT/EE is, do not have an account with them, and can’t even make an account because it’s UK based and won’t accept my phone number. The seller of the key I purchased from isn’t responding about the issue, and doesn’t state in the key description that this will happen. Upon further reading, I found out that this has happened to a few others. I fear that these are fraudulent accounts or something and I have been roped into some sort of scheme, and just want to turn off the billing so I don’t have to worry about some outrageous fees that may come when the pass is up. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how can I solve it?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey Tyler!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

Since this is a 3rd party transaction, the only best option to fix this is to contact G2A support.

Based on their website, for any billing-related questions such as unexpected or unknown charges, you can email them at *** Email address is removed for privacy *** or make a call 24 hours a day at +443338802973.

Reference link: https://g2a-pymnt.com/#:~:text=For%20any%20bill....

Thank you for your time. I hope you have a great day!

Note/Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

BT/EE stands for British Telecom/ Everything Everywhere. It's a phone company. EE sell mobile phones (or 'Cell Phones') and contracts in the UK. Some of these deals are Xbox Game Pass Ultimate tied.

Sounds this is what the seller has sold you. As these codes are tied to a phone contract, the recurring billing can not be removed.

If you have redeemed one these codes, you would need to contact Xbox Support to look into it.

GT2A is an extremely shady business operating out of Hong Kong I believe. While technically a legal business, many of the codes they offer are suspect. In fact, their entire business model is quite anti-consumer.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem, have you found the solution?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

did you fix it?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

have you figured it out?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I got myself into the same problem. This must be acknowledged by Microsoft as a design error on their part as well. How can my subscriptions be managed by a 3rd party without my knowledge. There should be a warning at the moment of using the redeem code. Or Microsoft should have the ability to cancel the subscription.

I don't have an account on EE/BT. I'm not in UK. How am I supposed to manage my subscription if all it took me was to redeem a game pass code.

I understand that I made the purchase on a "shady" website. But the code is provided by Microsoft and Game pass is a Microsoft product after all. There should be a way to remove it from my Microsoft account.

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Reply In reply to deleted message

1. The person who owns the BT/EE account cancels the plan or subscription on their end and after the renewal period everything hopefully goes back to normal.

What's really bothering me is this. If the scammer is creating dummy accounts on BT/EE just to sell game pass keys, they might disregard that account and not bother with cancelling the subscription manually. And if that happens then my game pass subscription will get stuck, and I will be unable to remove it (With no access to BT/EE account that has that key attached to). Nightmare situation.

Also why is there a game pass key provided to BT/EE users anyway. Isn't it obvious that they might share that key? I never gave my microsoft/xbox email to G2A or BT/EE. Why does redeeming a key link my account automatically to a 3rd party non-microsoft account for payments? Frustrating!

Anyways, I just want to know what will happen if the game pass does not auto-renew or cancel next month. Microsoft subscription just ends and can be purchased again at any time. How will this "managed by BT/EE" handle this?

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes they're correct you guys are mistaking the issue

You should address it with g2a which in itself is a scam company

They are upfront of where the codes come from if you read the descriptiom

This is why you don't deal with shaddy companies like g2a

You took the risk some of their codes are against the law fyi due to how they were obtained and you took the risk

MS can't do anything because you didn't get the codes thru a seller but a shaddy reseller

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Purchasing game keys from unauthorized third party sellers is against the rules for a reason, as you've just discovered.

As has been stated, the problem is that someone sold or had their code stolen, which you then purchased from an unauthorized third party. As stated, these keys are tied to mobile billing.

As Ms is not the one billing you, they cannot control your subscription. While you will not be billed, the person that sold the code may, since the sub will not be cancelled their end. This may cause you issues in the future

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Buying keys is not against the law.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 7,503 Applies to: