Enforcement page not working

Hi... Not sure if I'm  posting in the right place, sorry if I'm  not. Just a quick  question  regarding  my sons account. He received  a permanent suspension about 2 weeks ago. The email from enforcement  was very vague and didn't  specify a reason. I've been talking  to customer  support trying to find out a way of contacting  the enforcement team because we are unable to log into his account  to view  the enforcement  history  and therefore  cannot raise a case review to find out the reason.

Usually I just click sign in, it logs me in and then we can viesuspensions and what he got reported for but now, when I try to log in, it just reloads the whole Page without logging me in. 

Whilst I have chatted to some lovely  people at customer  support,  no one has been able to help. We moved house about 3 weeks ago and he hasn't  been online. The day he went online, he bought xbox live credit and made some online purchases... that very same day he received  the suspension. We have moved region and I've  since found out that we were supposed  to update the region on the xbox, but didn't  know we were supposed  to... could this have something  to do with the suspension? We have invested probably  thousands over the years and I just thought it would  be fair to be given an exact reason for the suspension, that's  all I ask. Is there anyway of getting the enforcement team to look into this as I'm literally  exhausted with trying to get an answer. The gamertag  in question  is GetPanzerSHREKT.

I would really appreciate  any help with this as I don't  know how else I'm  supposed  to contact enforcement. I've  even tried through different  accounts from different devices and still no luck... Thanks, Amy.

You won't be able to get any real specific on the general information on the rules that were broken.  You should have received an email on the account that was tied to the account.  If it is a permanent ban he loses access to all content and subscriptions.   The only way to contact the enforcement team is through the case review on their website.  

The region change should not have been a factor it the decision of the enforcement team.  

Hope this helps.  Good Luck!!

Happy Gaming!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

When XBLPET issues an enforcement action, an email message is automatically sent to the address associated with your Xbox Live account. This address is referred to as your Microsoft Account (MSA). If you are using a child account, an email is also sent to the Microsoft Account associated with your parent or guardian. Each email message explains that the account was subject to enforcement action and links to pages that provide additional information.

In addition to the email message, affected accounts also receive an Xbox Live message that can be viewed from your Xbox console, Xbox.com, and the Xbox app on Windows 10. Like the email, this message explains that the account received enforcement action and provides links to more information. Note that if you have received a full account suspension you may be unable to view this message, and will instead be notified upon attempting to sign in to Xbox Live that the account has been suspended from the service.

Feature-specific notifications are also displayed when attempting to use impacted features or apps on your Xbox One console. The specific method of notification depends on the enforcement type and what feature or app you select, but typically include a notification indicating you are not allowed to use the feature.  

How do I submit a Case Review?

Submitting a Case Review is easy, and can be accomplished in several steps:

Sign in to enforcement.xbox.com with the account that received the enforcement action and select the large box with an orange hammer icon, or visit your Enforcement History.

Find the enforcement action that you wish to have reviewed, and select Apply for Review.

Read the Case Review Terms of Use and agree by clicking the checkbox and selecting Agree.

If you are already eligible for a Case Review, select the green arrow icon. If you are not yet eligible, you will be presented with a short questionnaire. These questions help gauge your understanding of the Code of Conduct and associated policies. Upon successful completion of the questionnaire, select the green arrow icon.

Provide any details (up to 500 characters) regarding the enforcement action that may help XBLPET conduct a more complete investigation. This may include context around the activity or content that received enforcement, information about your game activity, or any other facts that you believe are worth noting. When complete, select Submit.

After submitting, an Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement agent will begin a thorough review of the enforcement action. This includes reviewing available data and re-examining evidence that contributed to the enforcement, taking into account any new details that you have provided.

Sorry about the generic response, but this is the info I was able to find that might help. I must admit that I am a bit confused as you must be signed in to the account to check its enforcement history, but once an account is permabanned, you can no longer sign into it. If none of what I have posted here helps, I am certain another ambassador, or official support person, will chime in and give us both a hand.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for responding so quickly, really appreciate  it.

What I can't  get my head round in the fact we have been loyal customers for over 10 years and literally spent thousands. Then to get this email...

This message is to notify you that your Xbox Live account has been subject to enforcement action due to a violation of the Microsoft Services Agreement.

This notification has been sent to your Xbox Live account and the email address associated with your Microsoft Account. For additional information please visit enforcement.xbox.com.

This violation was brought to the attention of the Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement Team through complaints filed by other Xbox Live players or in the course of our operation of the service. After reviewing any complaints and other available evidence, the Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement Team determined that a violation of the Microsoft Services Agreement occurred and enacted the appropriate enforcement.

I think after all these years I'd  be deserving of an actual explanation. I find it totally  unacceptable that a service is taken away without giving a reason... did they receive  complaints filed by other Xbox Live players or did they find something in the course of their operation of the service? And if so, what? C'mon Microsoft  surely your customers  deserve more respect! From what I have gathered on forums so far... enforcement  dish out these harsh punishments but have made themselves  completely  uncontactable so you can't  even ask why. You get told to go to the enforcement  website through the account you have the issue with, but they take that access away so you can't  actually  log in... I can't  decide if this cowardly  behaviour  or people on a power trip...

Please can someone  just give me a straight  answer about what's  happened  with my sons account and not tell be to go through  the enforcement  website  BECAUSE I CAN'T.

Thanks again, Amy

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

These are the possible reasons for a permaban or suspension.

1.9 Are there things I can’t do on the Services? You must not use the Services to harm others or the Services. For example, you must not:

• Use the Services to harm, threaten, or harass another person, organization, or Microsoft;

• Damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Services (or any network or Authorized Device connected to the Services);

• Assign, resell, or redistribute any part of the Services or access to the Services, including the sale or purchase of an account;

• Share your account password or otherwise authorized a third party to access or use the Services on your behalf unless we provide an approved mechanism;

• Enable unauthorized third party applications to access the Services;

• Use the Services or any content on the Services for commercial purposes;

• Use or attempt to use any unauthorized means to modify, reroute, or gain access to the Services;

• Use any automated process or service (such as a bot, a spider, periodic caching of information stored by Microsoft, or metasearching) to access or use the Services, or to copy or scrape data from the Services;

• Obtain (or try to obtain) any data from the Services or related hardware, except the data that we intend to make available to you; or

• Use the Services or related hardware to design, develop, or update unauthorized software;

• Fraudulently increase the play count or otherwise manipulate the Services in any way, including using a script and/or otherwise automated process;

• Use unauthorized software or hardware to access the Services or modify an Authorized Device in any unauthorized way (e.g., through unauthorized repairs, unauthorized upgrades, or unauthorized downloads). You agree that we have the right to send data, applications or other content to any software or hardware that you are using to access the Services for the purpose of detecting an unauthorized modification and/or disabling the modified device; or

• Attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, modify, further sublicense, distribute, or use for other purposes the Services, any game, application, or other content available or accessible through the Services, or any hardware associated with the Services or with an Authorized Device. If you do, we may cancel your account and your ability to access the Services, and pursue other legal remedies. We may take any legal action we deem appropriate against users who violate our systems or network security, this Agreement or any additional terms incorporated or referenced in it. Such users may also incur criminal or civil liability.

It should have told you the reason for the suspension in the email you received. Also, are you certain that it is a permaban? In the info you posted, I did not see the duration of the suspension.

The other problem here, is that the Enforcement people do not read these forums. The only way to have any kind of contact with them is through the enforcement site. Was his account attached to a parent account? If it was, you should be able to access the site using the parent account.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry to hear it.  Please be sure that the parental account is the one signing in to the enforcement page.  There you will see the reason for the action and will be able to open a Case Review with the PET.

Unfortunately, beyond that, there is nothing that anyone here can do to help.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating
if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 27, 2023 Views 5,269 Applies to: