Email account locked out permanently?

Hi all, looking for some good input here an hopefully a resolution to a complete and utter ‘thorn in my side’. 

I have had an email account (linked to my Xbox Live) for 10+ years with the Xbox account nearly the same age. 2-years ago, a set of quite frankly ridiculous and unfortunate events has left me unable to gain access. 

I do not care about the email address, its my Xbox account i want back. 

I can now no longer gain access to my @hotmail.com email address which i need for Xbox Live. 

First of all: recovery email attached to the account. 

Stupidly, my email recovery was an @fsmail.net domain (Freeserve is old as the hills - was acquired by Orange some years back, way before EE existed if you didn’t know). I went travelled for several months and did not realise that @fsmail.net domains get deleted within 90 days, so my back up/recovery email no longer exists. 

Secondly: recovery mobile number.

Links with the travelling as i decided to go travelling after the end of a long-term relationship. My mobile number was posted into numerous online forums by an ex and i subsequently had to change my email address. 

Finally: security questions. 

The account is 10 years old and the recovery questions are equally as old. I cannot remember most of them, the bank cards linked are with historic banks that will not give me details of the card numbers I had (as expected) and, due to the cards being that old, the online form to recover my account does not allow me to put old card numbers. 

All in all, I have spent considerable sums of money on this account (over £1,000) and simply do not want to lose this account. There has got to be a way of confirming who I am other than these methods, hasn’t there?

I have gone as far as attempting to regain control of the old mobile number by contacting numerous suppliers, again this isn’t possible. 

I’m completely out of ideas as there is no customer service for hotmail/outlook via telephone. Help me!!

I look forward to your responses. 

Jake

I’m completely out of ideas as there is no customer service 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Follow these steps these will only work IF you still have a console that you have had that profile on previously if not then you will have to continue to try and fill out the form.

1. go to account.live.com/acsr and try and recover your account you no longer have access to the security proofs (recovery email and/or phone number) so you will need to say you no longer have access to these.

2. fill out the questionnaire asking you questions about the account.

3. wait to receive the email from the account recovery team letting you know whether you have provided them with enough information or not.

IT sounds like you may have already done steps 1, 2 & 3 if so and it was in the last 30 days and you still have the email saying you have not provided them with enough information AND you have a console your profile was on previously  you can directly go to step 4 and contact xbox support 

4. if you get the email saying you have NOT provided them with enough information AND you still have a console that this profile was on previously then you can contact xbox support by going to support.xbox.com/contact-us they will then fill out a forgotten password escalation form. This form will have some questions like on the form you filled out on the website but also will ask for a reference number in the email that ACSR team sent saying you didnt provide them with enough information also will ask for a console id number which would be found in the settings of any console that your profile was on previously.

The support team will then send the escalation to xbox escalations team who will look at your answers to those questions and if you provided enough of those questions correctly then they will send you a link to reset your password.

AGAIN IF you do NOT have a console that has had your profile on previously that would have that console ID on it then support can not help you and you would have to try and remember the answers to those questions. In the account recovery form.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

I must advise that it's the responsibility of the user to make sure account and sign in credentials are kept secure and up to date. If this is an issue that occurred 2 years ago, and you cannot gain access using any of the methods posted here, there will be nothing we can do. 

In order to setup a new alias email address, you need access to your original email account. If you cannot action this, regrettably, again, there is not much we can do.

Best,

L

Xbox Ambassador since 2011. Always happy to help. :)

Problems with Xbox Services? Check here:
https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 27, 2023 Views 180 Applies to: