Double-Boxing

Can a person be banned for buying a game, purchasing 2 consoles and paying for 2 gold accounts then playing that game on both consoles at the same time? I ask this because there are many games that I have previously purchased that are no longer available for purchase and I would like to inquire about doing this to earn the online achievements in the game. I just thought that I would ask first. I know with the new dashboard update, Microsoft can better track account movements to prevent people from sharing accounts and games, but both of my consoles would be logged in from the same IP address so I was not sure if that is still an issue.

Shouldn't be a problem. You're paying for double gold, double consoles, and playing on the same IP address; there is no reason to be banned for that.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

You will not be banned for this.  This is called boosting and there are lots of people doing this for games with dead multiplayer achievements.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My concern is people are saying on other site forums that the recent bans from yesterday are from duping games, which is what that could be considered even though I bought the games and I am playing them with 2 accounts that I paid for. So no offense, but before I use the games I bought on 2 consoles I would like to hear from a staff member or have some official source that this is allowed.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Zyrixqi,

The intention behind being able to download and play games from the marketplace onto multiple consoles is so that you can enjoy your digital games wherever you go and your family and friends can enjoy them with you at home.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, but could I purchase a game on my alt console, go re-download it on my main console and then log on 2 gold profiles(one on each) and play that game at the same time? I'm not asking if that works or not, I know it does but I am looking for clarification to whether or not this is against the ToS. I recalled Major Nelson saying it was ok in an older podcast but I can't seem to locate that. If you could clarify whether or not double boxing is ok or not that would be great. Thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi PSS9,

As I said above

[quote]
The intention behind being able to download and play games from the marketplace onto multiple consoles is so that you can enjoy your digital games wherever you go and your family and friends can enjoy them with you at home.
[/quote]

Please let us know if you have any other support questions. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This question is not answered ;) you say we can share games on multiple consoles so we can play our content at friends' or share with families. You haven't answered if it is ok to play at THE SAME TIME on two (or even more consoles). That means one game/content on 2+ consoles at the same time. People want to know if this is ok with Microsoft because physical copies can't be used on different consoles at the same time, just once because of the disc. Looking at digital content, we CAN play on multiple consoles at THE SAME TIME - but is it ok/legal? (therefore I could split costs between me and, say, my brother, we'd purchase ONE game and use it like TWO physical copies at the same time, halving the costs) It's just licenses and licenses have had tons of weird outcomes about rights and stuff in the past. Just answer this clearly once and for all.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 23, 2023 Views 198 Applies to: