Dolby Atmos

My Xbox One X fails to recognise my LG Dolby Atmos sound bar saying the device is not supported. Is this a software hardware or HDMI issue? Any help ..out there.

Question Info

Last updated December 20, 2018 Views 132 Applies to:

Hello !

Thanks for reaching out to the forums with this situation. I understand you're having a bit of an issue playing Dolby ATMOS off of your Xbox One is that correct? You may want to contact the manufacturer of your soundbar to find out if they have more information about their products compatibility. Take a look at these helpful support articles:  Windows Sonic and Dolby Atmos headset options and help on Xbox One

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Bumper,

If you’re an Xbox Preview member, here are some helpful tips on how to enable Dolby Atmos Sound:

1. Ensure your console is connected via HDMI to a device that supports decoding of Blu-ray audio formats.
  2. Make sure you have the latest Blu-ray player by checking the “Updates” tab under “My Games & Apps.”
  3. Enable “Let my receiver decode audio (beta)” under the “Disc & Blu-ray” settings page.
  4. Insert your favorite DVD or Blu-ray disc.
  5. Kick back and enjoy the highest quality audio from your movies and TV shows.

For more info for Xbox Preview Members, you can visit the forums here.

Thank you and let us know how it goes!

Sincerely,
Jasmine
Xbox Forums Support
ಠ_ರೃ

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you explain your setup in more detail?  I'm going to assume that the Xbox HDMI OUT is going to TV and your TV is connected to your sound bar through HDMI ARC. If this is the case, your TV needs to support Atmos in order for the sound to pass through the tv to the sound bar. If it doesn't then it is going to tell you that it's not supported because your TV doesnt support it. Take a look in your TVs audio settings to find out what format the audio inpit and out is set to? I use 5.1 surround system and my input is set to midstream with output set as Dolby Digital. Yours would be different of course since you want Atmos sound but yyou'll find thise in your TV soubd settings. Hope this helps.

Also make sure you have the Dolby app installed and you have paid for subscription for Dolby Atmos decoding. You'll find the app in the Microsoft store on your console.

Sorry this didn't help.