Does Peter Jackson’s King Kong work on Xbox One?

I bought a copy of the game Peter Jackson’s King Kong for Xbox so I could play it on my Xbox one. The game is listed on the backwards compatibility list, by my console is telling me that the game is not available to play. Has anyone else come across this issue? Is the game really backwards compatible?

Hi Furdinator,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're having trouble playing Peter Jackson's King Kong on your Xbox One console.

Firstly, can you confirm if you have the physical disc or digital version of the game? Also may I ask if you bought the game through the Microsoft Store or not?

If you have confirmed that the game is installed and the disc is in good condition, please try the following steps:

1. If you have the physical disc, please ensure that it is clean and free from any scratches or damage. Also may I ask for a screenshot or picture of copy of the game.

2. If you have the digital copy of the game make sure you're sign in with the right account.

3. If you're sign in with the right account try to check the game under on the game library. To check the game, follow the steps: Learn more: Find your games and add-ons | Xbox Support

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then select My games & apps > See all.

Under Full library > Owned games, you’ll see all games that you own with the profile that’s signed in to the console.

If a game that you own hasn’t been installed on your console, there’s a download icon on the game title. Selecting the title prompts you to install the game before you can play it.

Note To filter your list of owned games to show only games that aren’t currently installed, select the Filter button, and then switch the Ready to play filter to Ready to install.

If you still aren’t seeing your game or add-on, sign out and then sign back in. To do so, press the Xbox button , and then go to Profile & system > Sign out. After you’re signed back in, use the steps above to check for the content again.

3. You try to remove and re-add the Xbox profile. Learn more: Add or remove an Xbox profile | Xbox Support

- To remove an Xbox profile:
Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.

Choose the profile that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm

- To re-add an Xbox profile:
Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & System > Add or switch > Add new.

Enter the email address for the Microsoft account that you want to add, and then select Enter.

Important Make sure that you do not select Get a new account unless you want to create a new Microsoft account.

Enter the password for your Microsoft account, and then select Enter.

Review the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept.

Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In, security & PIN preferences to finish adding your profile to the console.

2. Check for any available updates for the game. To do this, go to "My games & apps" on your Xbox One dashboard, select the game, and then press the "Menu" button on your controller. From there, select "Manage game & add-ons" and then "Updates". If there are any updates available, download and install them.

2. Clear your console's cache. To do this, hold down the power button on your Xbox One console for 10 seconds until it turns off. Unplug the power cable from the back of the console and wait for 30 seconds. Plug the power cable back in and turn on your console.

3. If the above steps do not work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. To do this, go to "My games & apps" on your Xbox One dashboard, select the game, and then press the "Menu" button on your controller. From there, select "Uninstall". Once the game is uninstalled, go to the Microsoft Store and reinstall the game.

If none of the above steps work, it's possible that the game may not be compatible with the Xbox One console. You can check the list of backward compatible games on the Xbox website to see if Peter Jackson's King Kong is compatible. Here's the link: Xbox Backward Compatible Games | Xbox

I hope this information helps you to resolve the issue. We look forward for your response.

Happy Gaming,
RichieB_
Microsoft Community Moderator

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Furdinator,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward. 

Thank you for understanding. 

Regards, 

RichieB_

Microsoft Community Moderator

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 1,316 Applies to: