Do the games I got from Xbox Game Pass remain playable after I cancelled my subscription.

I recently downloaded a few games which were available to me for free for purchasing the game pass. Do those games stay if I cancelled my subscription?
|
No. In order to continue playing the games, you either need to renew game pass or purchase the games. 

19 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

No. Same as with Games with Gold, you need to have a current Xbox Game Pass subscription (or Xbox Live Gold subscription) to play games downloaded associated with those programs.

4 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately, Once your game pass expires or if you unsubcribe the games you have will not be payable anymore. You will lose access to all games under game pass. 

7 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

To add to what the others have said what happens is the license to play the games would be taken away. So you would not be able to play them. The thing though is that the games would still be taking up space on your consoles hard drive so you would need to uninstall the games from your console if you want to free up space. 

3 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

All answers in this thread are correct. Also, please do bear in mind that (most) Game Pass games will be available for a long time span, but they will leave the service after a while. If you really love a game, it might be a good idea to buy it while it is on Game Pass. You'll get a 10% to 20% discount on the base game and a 10% discount on DLC.

If you'd like to read up on this and more, please check out the FAQ.

On a slight tangent, but definitely interesting to know. Xbox Wire provides insight in games entering and leaving the service.

If you found my reply helpful, I'd appreciate it if you'd upvote it. If my reply provided a full answer, I'd appreciate it if you'd mark it as such.

If you found my reply helpful, please consider upvoting it. If my reply provided a full answer to your question, I'd appreciate it if you'd mark it as such.

19 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

If you cancel your subscription to Game Pass, Unfortunately, the games will no longer be playable for free.  You would need to purchase from online xbox store or your local store.  Or you can continue the subscription service and keep playing!
I hope this information is useful in fixing your issue! If so please upvote mark as helpful!
Game On!

6 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 15, 2021 Views 5,276 Applies to: