Digital Purchases

Earlier this week i sent out a request to have microsoft change my security info and now i’m in that 30 day wait period. Now during this period i can’t make any digital purchases on the xbox store. But i was still able to claim the free games with gold. So my question is am i only unable to make digital purchases with a credit card during this wait period? Can i buy games with microsoft currency i have purchased at stores during this wait period?

Question Info

Last updated November 19, 2019 Views 23 Applies to:
All purchase costing money/currency will be put on hold to protect your account
MisterRatBoy| Ambassador| Ambassador Club Admin| Independent Advisor

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there NL_006,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with digital purchases during the 30 day waiting period on the Microsoft Account. In reference to your concern, the redemption for games with gold goes through the active subscription on the account and not the payment instrument. Online purchases are suspended for the 30-day period to help protect the account and any payment options available.

Check out this article for more information: Update all of your Microsoft account security information

• "You'll be able to continue using your console during the 30-day waiting period, but you won't be able to make changes to your password or use your account to make purchases online. "

Hope this helps.

Thanks for being a part of the Xbox Family.
Happy Gaming! ಠ‿ಠ

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, but what about digital pre orders? I pre ordered a game prior to me doing this whole process. And it comes out while i’m in that waiting period. Will i be able to access it day of launch or will that be put on hold too?

Sorry this didn't help.

Reply In reply to deleted message

Hi there NL_006,

Thanks for the reply. In reference to your question, if the pre-order was pre authorized prior to the changes the transaction will be successful. I recommend checking out the following article for more pre-order information : Pre-order Xbox One digital games in the Microsoft Store.

• "If you used account credit only to pre-order your game, your balance will be taken immediately. If you used a credit card, or split your payment between credit card and account balance, you will be charged around 10 days before the game launches.
  • If your account balance is lower than the amount you authorized for pre-order billing, the remainder will be taken from your credit card. You’ll receive an email to your billing account confirming that the remaining card payment was collected successfully, and the game will be available for you to play on the day it launches."

I would kindly like to remind you of the Xbox Forum Guidelines.

• 18) Do not "Bump" or double post in a topic unnecessarily and more than once in 24-hours, If you do this it will result in the bump post being deleted.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for being a part of the Xbox Family.
Happy Gaming! ಠ‿ಠ

Sorry this didn't help.