Confusion regarding Game Pass + EA Play

The Verge states the following regarding EA Play being added to Game Pass at "no additional cost:"

"the company announced that Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and Game Pass for PC subscribers will soon get an EA Play membership at no additional charge."

Source: https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/9/21428764/xbox-game-pass-ea-play-subscription

Now, this is where my confusion comes in.

I subscribed for Game Pass last year, paying the basic package every month instead of Ultimate for a fixed amount every three months. However, I don't have an Xbox nor have I ever had one. I've always used Game Pass on PC, but don't have an Ultimate subscription.

So what exactly do they mean by "Game Pass Ultimate and Game Pass for PC subscribers?" Cuz I only use the service on PC, so will I be getting EA Play as part of my subscription (even though it's not Ultimate)? As far as I can see, there's no difference between Game Pass on Xbox and PC besides what games are available where. From what I understood back when I subscribed, if you pay for the Game Pass service, you get it on both Xbox and PC and you can access both versions at no additional cost, no matter what platforms you own. It's one subscription for one service across Microsoft platforms. Heck, the Game Pass app on iOS doesn't even make that distinction. Not only does it think I have an Xbox account (which I do because of how Microsoft's Xbox ecosystem is designed), but it also thinks I have an Xbox even though my Microsoft account has only ever been used on Windows 10 and iOS.

So yeah, I'm really confused about this. Would anyone from Microsoft care to clarify? Do I need an Ultimate subscription across the board to have access to EA Play or should I be fine with my regular subscription since I only use Game Pass on PC?

Edit: I just noticed that the official Game Pass Twitter account also makes that distinction between Game Pass Ultimate and Game Pass PC.

"IMPORTANT NEWS YOU SHOULD STOP SCROLLING AND READ IT THANKS

Starting later this year, Play will be included with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate & !  

that is all"

Source: https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1303685981942345730

Answer
Answer
Yes, you will still get EA Play since it will be included in Game Pass for PC.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Yes, since you are a Game Pass for PC subscriber, you will also get EA Play included in that subscription. You will not need to purchase Ultimate. "This means Ultimate members can enjoy EA Play on Xbox One, Xbox Series X and S, and Windows 10 PCs, and Xbox Game Pass for PC members get EA Play on Windows 10. "

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 13, 2024 Views 351 Applies to: