co op split screen player save

can a co op split screen player save there info or do they have to start fresh every time they join

can a co op split screen player save there info or do they have to start fresh every time they join

Hi. What game is this for? If you are playing Single Player, both players signed in and playing should have their game saved. If you are next to each other on the same TV it should be the same as well. Normally the game saves for both players and they can re-join again if they happen to leave.

Philip Gold

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm sorry I completely forgot to put the name of the game in their ,this is for the Minecraft on xbox one X ..... Every time my nephew joins and loads his name in it starts him with a new character and no items or gear

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

In Minecraft, the world is saved to the account that is "Player 1" and starts the game first. 

When the second player joins that world, he is saved together with the world in Player 1's save slot. 

If the second player starts the game themselves, they start a new game with a new world and empty inventory, as they have no access to Player 1's savegame. To prevent that, make sure that Player 1 starts Minecraft and enters their world, and that Player 2 then joins that session. 

If you want the two players to be able to play independently on the same world, you would need to rent (and pay for) a Realm that is hosted on Minecraft's online service. 

Did my post help you? Please click on "Yes" below or choose it as the answer to your problem. Thanks! (ᵔᴥᵔ)

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I super appreciate that you guys are helping me number one..... The problem I am having is that I will load my world up and then my nephew will press start on his controller for split screen Co-Op then when he enters the world all the stuff he had previously is gone and he starts with a fresh character ....is this going to happen every time or is there some sorts of a save feature when hes in my world with me... So in other words every time he joins my game for a split screen session nothing he had last time we were playing is on his character does this only happen on split screen Co-Op

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That's odd. 

Is your nephew playing on their own Microsoft Account, and is he signed in on his own account when he joins your game? Or is he signed in as a guest together with your account? Guest accounts don't get their progress saved. 

When he built a bed, and slept in it, does he spawn next to his bed when he signs into your game world?

Did my post help you? Please click on "Yes" below or choose it as the answer to your problem. Thanks! (ᵔᴥᵔ)

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Again thank you for your assistance, he is in his own account this is how we start up

I use my account to load the world then when I'm loaded in he presses start on the second controller it then asks to select an account or guest he chooses his own gold account we play for a while  the he hits save and quit then when he is gone I hit save and quit then next time we go to play his character is a brand new spawn with all his items gone and character edits back to default 

26 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 11, 2024 Views 3,954 Applies to: