Can't login into my Microsoft account on Minecraft Nintendo Switch

I was logged out of Microsoft account on Minecraft, and every I time try to login I'm told that my login has failed.

Hello naec4

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support. 

I would first suggest going to account.live.com to make sure your email and password work for your Microsoft account. 

Next, I actually found a thread on Nintendo Support related to your issue. 

Microsoft now not wanting to sign into the new Minecraft on the switch

1. Go to your system settings on your switch

2. Go to data management tab

3. Go to manage save data/screenshots and Videos

4. Go to Delete save data

5. Delete the Minecraft (NOT NINTENDO SWITCH EDITION) save data for YOUR login. This deleted my worlds that I already had but it was worth it in my opinion. There might be a way to not delete your worlds, but I do not know how.

So what this will do is reset your game basically and now you will be able to log into your microsoft account again. It worked for me the second time so if for whatever reason it doesnt work again, you can keep doing this process. I hope I helped!

Let us know if this helps! 

Felix 

Xbox forums support

217 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Guess it's not full crossplay with switch and if it is they just simply havent made it compatible that way yet
Miku Sakuya

59 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello naec4

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support. 

I would first suggest going to account.live.com to make sure your email and password work for your Microsoft account. 

Next, I actually found a thread on Nintendo Support related to your issue. 

Microsoft now not wanting to sign into the new Minecraft on the switch

1. Go to your system settings on your switch

2. Go to data management tab

3. Go to manage save data/screenshots and Videos

4. Go to Delete save data

5. Delete the Minecraft (NOT NINTENDO SWITCH EDITION) save data for YOUR login. This deleted my worlds that I already had but it was worth it in my opinion. There might be a way to not delete your worlds, but I do not know how.

So what this will do is reset your game basically and now you will be able to log into your microsoft account again. It worked for me the second time so if for whatever reason it doesnt work again, you can keep doing this process. I hope I helped!

Let us know if this helps! 

Felix 

Xbox forums support

This method isn't the best way to do this. But, that's besides the point. This is an ongoing issue since 2017, and my son having to reset his Minecraft data isn't ideal. He's 8, he gets very upset over it. 

When you typically contact Microsoft, they say "Call Nintendo." When you call Nintendo, they say "Call Majong." This seems like a Microsoft issue seeing as imputing the code online via my sons' account nets another "Log in failed, an unexpected error occurred."

It looks like lots of people got logged out this week, and can no longer get in. This coming after my son bought the newest texture pack with his allowance, the Toy Story 4 one. So he got to use it once, now he is barred from using it. We've done the "Delete Microsoft log in" way that used to work from the Minecraft "Settings" menu in the game itself. We've deleted his game data, and still can't log in. So now he's lost all his work, and still can't log in.

Microsoft really needs to address this, and not push the blame off on Nintendo or Majong. This is completely ridiculous that these kids can't log into their game properly to play online, or use items they've paid for. Please, fix this. Like I've said, I've seen reports of this going back to 2017, and continuing on non-stop. 

609 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

My son has been experiencing exactly the same issue. We searched the internet for a solution and none of the “fixes” proposed have worked. After entering the code, the Microsoft Window on his iPad tells him he is now connected, but the message he gets on his Switch tells him “something went wrong”.

It’s very frustrating because it used to work just fine till relatively recently. My son hasn’t changed any of his login details but now it won’t work.

We too are waiting for Microsoft ti address the issue as it clearly comes from the MS platform. Please help.

Thanks!

146 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is just sad can you please solve this going on 3 weeks unable to sign in

76 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just had this same issue it seems minecraft and the switch aren't properly working in unison.  I am EXTREMELY sad about this and can't play minecraft with my brother.
I am coooooooool feel the breeze!

53 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,   

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues on your own thread.  

Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums! 

Sincerely,
Ruben
Happy Gaming!
\ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ/

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2024 Views 140,108 Applies to: