Can't Launch the xbox app on PC

When I launch the app on pc, it stops on the launch screen as seen in the attached image. I have tried everything listed in this YouTube video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQy3vWzGwu8

I have also tried the Gaming Services Repair Tool and have the latest version of Windows 11 installed. Nothing I've tried has worked, and I have no clue as to what the problem could be. Any help is appreciated.

|

Hello Isaiah Sudderth,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are having an issue launching an Xbox app. Let us check and see on what we can do to help address your concern timely.

It is possible that your Xbox app needs an update or it is corrupted or there can be other factors causing the issue. Let us explore more troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue. By the way, we are unable to check from the third-party link being shared. You can perform the steps below and you may skip the steps if you have already performed:

Clear the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows key + R and type wsreset.exe then hit enter.

• An empty Command prompt will pop open. Let it be for a few seconds and the command line will close automatically (after it has cleared the cache behind the background) and Microsoft Store will be launched in its place.

Reset Xbox app.

• Go into “Settings” or press Windows key + I

• Choose “Apps"

• Choose “Installed Apps”

• Choose “Xbox app”

• Click the “…” on the far right of the screen

• Choose “Advanced Options”

• Scroll down to “Reset”

• Then launch Xbox app again to see if it works. 

Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

> To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game. 

Uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

• In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
    get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

• In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
    start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

• Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

• Restart your device and try to install the game again. 

Uninstall and reinstall Xbox app.

• To uninstall, type Xbox app in the Windows search box, right-click and click Uninstall. After uninstalling, restart the computer.

• To reinstall, Open the Microsoft Store, search for Xbox app using the search box, and click on install. Or you can click on this link: Xbox App for Windows PC | Xbox click on download the app button. 

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Tomm_A

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried all of the things listed here and they did not seem to change anything that I am aware of. the app still stays in the launch screen with the pulsing logo.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Isaiah Sudderth,

Thank you for your prompt response.

You can try ending the task in Task Manager. Try the following the steps below:

• Press simultaneously Ctrl + Shift + Esc button to launch the Task Manager

• Right click on Xbox app and select End Task.

• Restart your device.

Update the Xbox and Gaming Services apps:

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.

• Select Library.

• Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Tomm_A

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried these as well to no success.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Isaiah Sudderth,

Thank you for your prompt response.

If we may ask, are you using third-party antivirus? If yes, you can try disabling it for while and try launching the Xbox app again. If the issue persists, you can try performing a full system scan. This will scan and recover corrupted system files.

• In the Windows search bar, search for Command Prompt and Run as administrator.

• Copy the command one line at a time below it and paste it at the command prompt and hit enter:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

SFC /scannow

Sincerely,

Tomm_A

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Isaiah Sudderth,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Tomm_A

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2024 Views 62 Applies to: