Can't download Far Cry 2 on xbox360 free games with gold

Hi there. I have tried multiple times to download the free Far Cry 2 on our xbox360 but it gets to about 79% and fails every time. Got heaps of storage space. When I test the xbox live connection it says there is a service alert but when I go online it says that everything is fine. Have downloaded other games in the past without problem. Any ideas? Thanks!!!

Hi PandaPal,

Thanks for reaching out to us today! I'm sorry to hear about the current issue with downloading Far Cry 2. Earlier today we were experiencing a service alert for Games and Services but everything is now up and running fine. I would like to ask do you get a certain error code or error message? Also, I would suggest to the following troubleshooting steps.

Step 1: Cancel the download

Step 2: Clear your Xbox Live cache and system cache
  • On your console, go to settings, and then select System.
  • Select Storage, and then select your storage device.
  • Select System Items.
  • Select Marketplace System Data.
  • Select Delete.
  • Clear your Xbox 360 system cache.

Step 3:Restart your console.

Step 4: Download the content again

Let us know how it goes.

Best wishes,
-L ᕦ {≷• ܫ•≶}ᕤ

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi again, thanks for your response. I followed your instructions multiple times - clear caches, delete marketplace system data, reboot - but the game still won't download. I can see it in the download history but it's not in "my games". When I select it in "games and apps" it shows as being corrupted. Ever since we got the gold membership there has been an error in account management 8C150009 but I haven't had any problems downloading any other games 🤔

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Also, the service alert is still showing when I test the xbox live connection but when I check the xbox website it says everything is normal.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi PandaPal,

That's odd that your network settings show as there being a service alert when everything is running normally right now with the servers.

There was an issue with downloading Far Cry 2 from the 360 Marketplace since it was released with Games with Gold that we saw on Xbox One but I believe is also affected when trying to download to the Xbox 360 although it should've been resolved by now.

Have you tried re-downloading the profile to your Xbox? Here is a link to help you out with that if you haven't tried it yet: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/add-remove-profile-xbox-360

If that doesn't help I recommend rolling back the system update and re-downloading it:

Reinstall the latest Xbox 360 system update

To reinstall the latest Xbox 360 update, follow these steps:

1. Clear the system cache. To do this, see the "Clear the system cache" section above.
  2. Roll back and then reinstall system updates. To do this:
    1. Press the Guide button  on your controller.
    2. Go to settings and select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Enter the following button sequence: X, LB, RBXLBRB, X.
    5. Select the option to roll back all system updates that are installed. The console will restart automatically and then download the updates again.
Best Wishes,
Diego
Xbox Forums Support

(๑ˆ◡ˆ๑)ノ

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there, thanks for your reply. I have followed every suggestion except resetting the network hardware (only because it creates quite a bit of work for us) without success. My current plan is to try to download the next free game and if that doesn't work (which I'm assuming it won't because of the service alert message) then i'll reset the network hardware 👍 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If your account and actual location and console language dont match you can fail

Which is what causes those issues 90% of the time

If you dont live in an xbox live region you will continue to fail in downloading xbox 360 games because they are region locked

You can check https://accounts.microsoft.com  for your region

Also.check your console and language settings so if you live in france but have an uk acount region you will always fail till you match it up

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 15, 2024 Views 286 Applies to: