cant access my account, Microsoft wont help

I have been trying to log in for the last 72 hours to Microsoft and I keep getting an error message I have contacted your support staff and they have been no help and no one can tell me why I cant access my account. the error message I am receiving is, Something went wrong and we can't sign you in right now. Please try again later. The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts. Please wait a moment and try again. This happened to me about a month ago as well and I was locked out of my account for about a week. 

Hello Tyler! 

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums! I understand that being locked out of your account can be frustrating but, I will be happy to assist you today. Just to clarify so that I understand your situation better, are you having issues signing into your account just on the website or are you also having an issue with signing into your account on your Xbox One console and/or Xbox App? Have you tried to reset your password to see if maybe your password was incorrect? Do you know if you have Two-Step Verification active on your account? I would suggest waiting 24 hours before trying any more login attempts. I would also suggest trying to go through the Account Recovery process after the 24 hours I suggested you wait. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums! 

Sincerely,
Ruben
Happy Gaming!
\ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ/

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I made a post about this same issue yesterday. Did you have this issue in March also?

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

yes I had it in March for about a week before they have me access back! I've contacted Microsoft every few hours and still not reason why I cant log in..you have any resolution yet?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I recommend that you clear your browser's cache and temporary internet files to make sure that they are not causing your issue.
This is often caused by a corrupted file in the browser.

*For Internet Explorer browser: Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL simultaneously and click Delete
*For Google Chrome: Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL simultaneously and click Clear Browsing Data
*For Firefox: Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL simultaneously and click Clear Now

How to Clear Your Browser's Cache
http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache
http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=3c7c3338-369e-4220-b29d-71ce660fe5a0

We recommend that you scan your computer for viruses and malware using a reliable Antivirus product.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/lp/malware_lp_form/

I suggest you connect using HTTPS.
To do that, follow the steps below:
1. Go to https://account.live.com
2. Under Other options click on Connect with HTTPS
3. Choose Use HTTPS automatically
4. Click on Save

Game ON!

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

obviously I have done all of this.. I am trying to get Microsoft's attention because this is an on going issue that has affected several people and they are not helping. 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Tyler,

Thanks for keeping us updated. Unfortunately, at times profiles can become glitched or corrupt. This would cause these types of issues. We recommend waiting a full 48 hours and try to sign in. If not then request a call from support. Let them know you have issues signing in and have waited 48 hours and still the same issue. You can even try filling this out and see what they can assist you with. This link will take you to an a older thread you are looking for escalation.

Thanks,

Brad

Stay safe have fun. GAME HARD just not too hard :) ಠ益ಠ

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

well I emailed Phil Spencer and the CEO Satya, because this is just outrageous that we have not been updated.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There was another user with the same problem as you. 

We told him to wait 72 hours and then try again, Why? because it may have to be something with security issues, so, better to wait. 

In addition, you could try resetting your Ip or changing browser or device, get into the MS support, and see if you have been flagged for something. 

Wish you luck.

Xbox Ambassador during day,
and Batman during night.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

UGH my is still broken also. And it has now been over two weeks that I still cant login to my account. The only response I get is that it is being worked on and thats even after I reported this to the BBB. Even My thread was closed by Microsoft for dubious reasons which is horrible because it clearly shows they dont care about customers or this issue we are having. Just a recap this is the issue some of us are having.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the help but it's not any of those issues. Since all those options are the first steps many of us tried when well before calling support. This is an ongoing issue for a few unlucky gamers that cant access their profile on any device or web browser. All we are asking is that the issue be resolved or give use the opportunity to migrate our accounts or keep us in the loop of when it could potentially be fixed. Instead we are being ignored and silenced with no real updates as to what why how or when we can access our accounts again. :(

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 153 Applies to: