Cannot install Minecraft Launcher, Bedrock

When I try to install Minecraft Bedrock, "Minecraft for Windows standalone", or Minecraft Launcher I get various errors:

• Error 0xc0ea000a

• Error 0x80004005

• etc

• etc

I have followed many, many guides trying to fix this: Things I have done:

• Reinstalled Windows 11

• Followed this guide, and many others like it:

"First, see if Windows is updated:
Open Settings > Update and security > Windows Update > Check for updates. Install all optional updates too.

After that, please uninstall any Minecraft Launcher or any Minecraft Edition you have on your computer. Then:

- Go to start > Search for PowerShell > Right click > Run as administrator. Type the following command and press enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

- Press Windows + R and type in "regedit". Press enter.

- Search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

- Delete the folders "GamingServices", "GamingServices.net" (if they're still there).

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Store > Advanced Options > Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox App > Advanced Options > Reset.

- Press Windows + R. Type TEMP and press enter. Delete all the files inside this folder. Repeat this step by typing %TEMP% and Prefetch. Delete everything on both folders too.

- Press Windows + R. Type WSRESET and press enter.

- Delete the cache folder at:
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker

- Also delete Microsoft Store local cache files at:
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe

- Restart your computer. Run Powershell as administrator and run the following commands (one at a time):

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

- Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

- Restart your computer one more time. Open the Xbox App and sign in with the same account as the Microsoft store. If you are able to try to install Minecraft on an external HD for testing purposes, please do it. If not, try to install it on your default hard drive and let me know how it goes. "

• I have purchased a new and changed my Windows Key

• and followed numerous YouTube guides with varying steps

• Installed the Legacy Minecraft Launcher to try to get Java working - This also does not work

Nothing has so far resulted in being able to fix this issue, I appreciate if anyone finds a method to at least get the games I supposedly own installed and running

|

Hi,

Please run through these launcher troubleshooting steps:

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 24, 2024 Views 9 Applies to: