Can you still play online games on your Xbox series X when 4k is turn off

So I have read other people's Question about their Xbox series X about how it use up to 800 GB and I have the same problem as well because I just got my Xbox series X for Christmas and I enjoy playing it so much but within the first week of January I use up to 200GB and now on the 10th day of January I'm now at 400GB.

My question is can you play online games like Destiny2, Warframe and any other online games without 4K enable because I heard that 4K also uses a lot of internet data. In my internet usage I use up to is 400GB in 1 week while playing destiny 2 on 4K and I was wondering can I still play destiny 2 or any other games when 4k disable can it minimum the internet usage. I would like to play destiny 2 or future series X games on my new Xbox series X but the limit that my internet is on is 1200. Can someone please help me to figure out a solution to this problem because I would like to play Destiny 2 or any other series X games that will be coming out in the near future.

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

Yes, you can still play online games on your Xbox Series X without 4K enabled. Enabling 4K resolution will consume more internet data, as the console will need to download and stream higher resolution textures, graphics, and other content. This can be especially taxing if you're playing a game with a lot of high-quality assets, like Destiny 2.

To minimize internet usage, you can disable 4K resolution and play the game at a lower resolution. This will reduce the amount of data that needs to be downloaded and streamed, which will help to conserve internet data. You can also try to lower the other graphic settings of the game to reduce also the usage.

Another option you have is to invest in a bigger internet package with more data allowance, it would solve the problem and you can keep playing 4k gaming but it's a monetary investment.

It's also worth noting that many online games, including Destiny 2, allow you to adjust the quality of various aspects of the game, such as shadows, reflections, and textures. Lowering the quality of these settings can also help to reduce internet data usage, which may allow you to play the game for longer periods of time before hitting your internet data limit.

Just keep in mind that if you lower the settings, the game will look worse but you will be able to play more without hitting the data limit.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 11, 2023 Views 156 Applies to: