Can I, and if so, how do I enable live streaming for my teenage son?

Hi-

I would like to enable live streaming for my teenage (under 18) son, on an Xbox Series S, using Twitch.

I have him set up on my Family so I control his settings.

I have "Allowed" Broadcast.

However, when he tries to set up streaming he still gets an error message.

I should say that I have had no problem setting streaming up on my adult account.

I have read conflicting information about whether you have to have an adult account to stream, or whether a parent can give consent to allow a child to stream.

A definitive answer would be appreciated.

Hello, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today. If you want to enable live streaming for your teen on an Xbox Series S using Twitch and you have parental controls set up in Microsoft Family, here's how you can do it: Make sure you have an adult account: To enable live streaming for your child, you must have an adult account in Microsoft Family. If you don't already have an adult account, you can create one by following the instructions on the Microsoft website. Access Microsoft Family settings: Sign in to your adult account and access Microsoft Family settings. This can be done through the Microsoft website or through the Xbox Family Settings app. Add your child to the family: If you haven't already added your teen to the Microsoft Family, you'll need to do so. Follow the instructions provided on the Microsoft website or in the Xbox Family Settings app to add your child to your family. Set up content restrictions: In Microsoft Family settings, make sure content restrictions are set appropriately to allow live streaming. Verify that "Allow live streams" is enabled for your child's account. Check privacy settings on Twitch: In addition to settings in Microsoft Family, you may also need to adjust privacy settings on your child's Twitch account. Make sure the privacy and security options on Twitch allow live streaming for your account. If you've followed all the steps above and your child is still receiving an error message when trying to set up live streaming, there may be a specific technical or configuration issue. Please remember that live streaming may be subject to age and privacy restrictions, and it is important to make sure your child is compliant and has appropriate supervision while live streaming. Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else. Best regards.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 22, 2024 Views 896 Applies to: