Brute Force Backwards Compatibility

Hello, I recently cleaned and hooked up my 360 so play some old games that I can’t on my one x. I wanted to try Brute Force but it won’t work. So I’ve searched around and apparently it’s playable if you have an official Microsoft hard drive. Mine does in-fact have an official 320 GB drive, yet I’m still unable to play it. It says to “try downloading the game again” but it doesn’t give me an option to download it. I’m not sure what else to do so that I can play the game. Can anyone help?

Hello LordCLOUT! I'm Claus, an Independent Microsoft Community Consultant for Xbox! Glad to be able to help you!

Let's try to perform a few procures in the attempt of getting the game to download.

First, try to clear your console's cache: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/co...
Try to install the game afterwards.

If that doesn't work, try to reinstall the system updates on your Xbox 360 (follow Solution 7): https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/co...
Then, after installing the updates, try to install your game again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Do you have any other original Xbox games that load successfully on your Xbox 360 or is this your only BC game?

Are you sure your drive is official?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Yes I do have a few other original Xbox games but I’m not sure if they’re compatible. I do have Halo’s 1 and 2 so I think I could try those. Also, yes I’m sure it’s official. When I select it in the storage space options it has the Microsoft name/logo on it. It’s also the same one it came with when I bought it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Also, yes I’m sure it’s official. When I select it in the storage space options it has the Microsoft name/logo on it.

All drives will say 'Microsoft' in the system settings, even the knock off drives. This is no indication of owning an official Xbox 360 hard drive.

Microsoft have removed the original Xbox backwards compatibility webpage for the Xbox 360, so the best place to go is via this Wikipedia page.

Your Halo 1 and 2 should be BC. But if they display the same error that it's most probably due to not having an official drive.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 1, 2024 Views 2,560 Applies to: