Blu Ray Player app requires internet

Why is it the Blu ray player app requires an internet connection now? It's updated, I even delete and re download the app, but it always says, in exact "Please connect to Xbox Live To troubleshoot your internet connection, double-tap the Xbox Button then go to Settings > All Settings > Network > Network Settings > Test network connection. (0x87dd001e)"

I also got the error code another error code I no longer have on hand, the one above is an error updating, which is not the case, since the app works online, and the other code I got was an error signing into Xbox Live..

I don't understand why the app no longer work offline when it used to, it's up to date, and should require no internet connection.

Simply put, my question is, why does the Blu-ray player app require internet?

So I figured out the problem, and this is to help anybody else that runs into this issue.

I have my home Xbox set to another console, as many others do, I game share with a friend. But my console does not have a designated home Xbox.

So I figured you need that set up to use many things offline. So if your in the same situation, what you can do is use another account on your console, or create a 'dummy' account. Use that account to essentially 'purchase' the free app, and set that account as your home Xbox, once an account that basically 'owns' the app is your home Xbox, you then can use the app offline, to watch DVDs and Blu-rays.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 424 Applies to: