Bill Gates supports selling off of XBOX division.

I expect it will happen eventually even if its forced by investors,

[QUOTE]

Microsoft founder Bill Gates would support CEO Satya Nadella if he wanted to spinoff the company's Xbox division, Gates said in a recent interview with Fox Business Network. 

In response to questions about separating Bing and the Xbox division, and acknowledging that Microsoft has spun off products like Expedia and Slate, Gates said that separating Microsoft's Xbox gaming division from gaming as a whole at Microsoft isn't necessarily an "obvious" move.  

"Well, we're taking PC gaming — Windows gaming — and Xbox gaming and bringing those a lot closer together," Gates said. "The power of the PC graphics chips means you can do great games there. So I'm sure Satya and the team will look at that, and, you know, it's up to them. But we're going to have an overall gaming strategy, so it's not as obvious as you might think." 

Interviewer Liz Claman then asked Gates if he would support Nadella if he wanted to spin off the Xbox division.

"Absolutely," he said.  [/QUOTE]

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/5/5683862/bill-gates-xbox-spinoff-support-absolutely

Oh no.

Why didn't I buy a Wii U?

LOL,

I won't effect your enjoyment of your Xbone Az, I doubt anything could.

Of course he is going to say he supports his CEO in what ever choices he makes what is he going to say "Absolutly Not" and in such show that he does not have confidence in the new CEO. While he may support it I doubt it will ever happen

Xbox Ambassador 2007-2012 / 2013-2020
Twitter: @TheViralCyrix
Discord: @TheViralCyrix#9463

Bill’s comments re Xbox reflected support of Satya as CEO. Also said committed to gaming x-plat with Xbox as key to gaming strategy. Microsoft  remains committed to Xbox and the millions of Xbox fans around the world.

Frank X. Shaw

(lead communications for Microsoft)

Xbox Ambassador 2007-2012 / 2013-2020
Twitter: @TheViralCyrix
Discord: @TheViralCyrix#9463

Great post Viral Cyrix and thanks for the updates, remember folks we don't write the news we just post it. Don't shoot the messenger and all that, this place became a horrid place to post xbox news because if it was wrong you would be hounded to hell and back.

The past few days it has really relaxed like it used to be.

We should shoot the messenger, but in this instance it's polygon for posting non-news.

Thanks for the update Viral :D

Discussion Info

Last updated August 14, 2020 Views 274 Applies to: