Assembly line location and company info.

Hello,

finding it hard to get hold of any information as to where the xbox series consoles are assembled and by which company. I understand this may change by region. It’s frustrating in that it is easy enough to find information including videos on car assembly or food production lines ;but both xbox and playstation manufacturing seems hush. We know China has human rights issues, the responsible minerals initiative reads as something that is open to abuse and put in place just to keep consumers quiet until child labour claims re-emerge. Rmi auditing openly says it won’t work with journalists on it’s website! What are you hiding Microsoft? Are inspections being done by third parties on the ground at the actual mine or do reports just take the locals words as the truth? Be transparent. No tech is worth this cost to human life. 

Can you provide me with a link to the companies you outsource assembly of the series consoles to, and confirm that on every site they provide workers rights comparable to that in the USA,UK or EU. 

Hello,

finding it hard to get hold of any information as to where the xbox series consoles are assembled and by which company. I understand this may change by region. It’s frustrating in that it is easy enough to find information including videos on car assembly or food production lines ;but both xbox and playstation manufacturing seems hush. We know China has human rights issues, the responsible minerals initiative reads as something that is open to abuse and put in place just to keep consumers quiet until child labour claims re-emerge. Rmi auditing openly says it won’t work with journalists on it’s website! What are you hiding Microsoft? Are inspections being done by third parties on the ground at the actual mine or do reports just take the locals words as the truth? Be transparent. No tech is worth this cost to human life. 

Can you provide me with a link to the companies you outsource assembly of the series consoles to, and confirm that on every site they provide workers rights comparable to that in the USA,UK or EU. 

Not sure why you arent using current news

MOST companies wont allow non essential people in like nonworkers only outside people allowed would be  delivery or government inspectors

We are in a global pandemic

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

You won't get an official response from Microsoft on these forums. You're better off writing to them. 

Xbox consoles are typically manufactured by Foxconn, a Taiwanese corporation which has a very large factory in Shenzhen, People's Republic of China. Foxconn also has factories in Europe, Japan, Brazil, India and Mexico, but as I understand it, consoles are usually assembled in China.

If you own an iPhone, an iPad or even an Android device, it's probably been put together via Foxconn.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I fear the reply would be the generic we can ensure you that we conform to all standards... 

I shouldn’t have to go through this many processes to know firstly where something I’m buying is made let alone then having to consider if children were crushed to death in a mine collapse sourcing minerals for the suppliers. Retailers are also not clear that you cannot use the xbox series x without an internet connection for startup. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

In the UK you can visit many factories such as Aston Martin! Microsoft and other big tech firms are wealthy enough to purchase their own mines and ensure safety for the local workers there by setting up a site. This issue has been going on for at least 10 years and will continue with electric cars becoming the norm. How are we ok with giving factories in China work when they are locking up almost anybody who talks out against the government, it’s disgusting. Buying 2nd hand tech seems like the only ethical option.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 9, 2024 Views 1,922 Applies to: