Ark Survival Evolved Season Pass: "This app will not work on your device."

Hello.
I bought my computer on May 2020, it came with Win10. It's an HP Omen gaming computer, so I know my computer can perfectly run this game.
Everything worked the way it was supposed to.

About 2 weeks ago, I was forced to update to Win11. For other reasons, I decided to format my computer.
• My computer is up to date.
• Microsoft store is up to date.

In other words: whenever I check for updates both in Microsoft store AND Windows update, there is NOTHING to download. I am up to date.
So now that I am reinstalling this game, and all of its components, I come across this message that this specific app will not work on my PC.

So far the research I've done tells me that I should have my computer, the Xbox app, and the Microsoft store app up to date. And like I stated before: everything is up to date.

So how come this isn't working, and how can this be fixed? It used to work FINE before I was forced to get Win11.
I need help, please.

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Season Pass is not downloadable. Did you just search for the game and try to install it?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello!
If you are familiar with this game, I own all the maps and I can play in them, but still there are items I can no longer use after the Win11 update and formatting the computer.

As for the game itself, this is installed and I Can play it. But there are items I can't use because it asks me for an expansion pack.

This is the only element of the things I own that gives me this notice; that the season pass will not work on my device.

So I have no idea what is going on.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When you say "I was forced to update to Win 11", who forced you to? I only ask as MS give you the option but they don't make you do it

If the game worked fine on Win 10, then I'd suggest going back to it until the Win 11 system is more stable. An alternative is, if you have a spare hard drive, to install Win 10 on that and have a dual boot system so you can switch depending on which you need.

Just install Windows 10 from the following and format the drive with it to install Win 10 fresh:

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When I mean I was forced to, I mean that there is no option to keep using Win10. You can postpone the update, but there is no option to cancel the update.
The only ways I found are doing registry changes or doing things I am not familiar with. So yes, I felt quite forced into upgrading.

Also, in the (quick) research I made on going back to Win10, it says I can revert only if within 10 days of upgrading. The update happened 2 weeks ago.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When I mean I was forced to, I mean that there is no option to keep using Win10. You can postpone the update, but there is no option to cancel the update.
The only ways I found are doing registry changes or doing things I am not familiar with. So yes, I felt quite forced into upgrading.

Also, in the (quick) research I made on going back to Win10, it says I can revert only if within 10 days of upgrading. The update happened 2 weeks ago.

Fair enough...I wasn't aware it worked like that.

Regarding reverting back to Windows 10. When you upgrade to Windows 11, you should get the option to keep your data and files intact....this is the 10 day bit ie you can downgrade to Windows 10 and keep those files intact. Outside of those 10 days, you can still downgrade, you just will need to backup your files as you will need a clean install:

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, this practice of not being able to stick to one Windows version has been going on since... Windows 7, I think. But don't quite me on that.
Is there really no other way to solve this without having to do a clean install?

My main issue was the reading online, one solution from last year has looking for a 1909 version/update install (that I really don't understand), but it basically said that we needed to search for that on the updates. When I searched for Windows updates, there are none available. So is there no way for me to check if I have this?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, the 1909 Update was a Windows 10 update so it won't apply to you as you are on Windows 11.

Regarding the clean install: If the game was working fine on Windows 10 and the issues only started when you upgraded to Windows 11, then going back to Windows 10 seems the best course of action...as it is outside the reverting window, it would require a clean install.

Only other thing I can think of is regarding anti-virus program...if you run a 3rd party one (ie anything other than Windows Defender), try disabling it as they can cause issues with games; similarly with gaming software like Razer Cortex etc.

Beyond that, I can't offer much more unfortunately as I don't know a huge amount about Windows 11. You can either reinstall Windows 10 (I know it's a pain to reinstall Windows and then go through the hassle of reading files, programs etc....I had an issue last year where my computer wouldn't update and it took me 3 months before I finally did it!) or maybe wait for someone more knowledgeable than me to, hopefully, see this thread and offer something.

Unfortunately, Windows 11 is still so new that issues crop up frequently. It's a shame that your system is only a laptop as it is unlikely to have a second drive to do a dual boot system on whereas a desktop would be more likely to have a spare. Of course, you could always get an external drive, put Windows on that and do it that way but that would be expensive

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 5, 2023 Views 134 Applies to: