Account downgrade to Child-Account?

Hey Folks,

searched a lot in the Internet and this Forum, but didn't find a fix for my problem which is:

Once, I had created a Xbox-Live Account for all our Family Members.
Meanwhile I've created accounts for every one of our family.
The youngest son became a "child account", the older son still has an "normal" account with privacy settings activated and so on.

So my problem is to downgrade the account of my older son to an child-account. Does anyone know how to do this?

If this not possible, is it possible to create a new account and transfer the achievements (and other things related to this account)?

This december the Gold-Membership of me and my son expires. I will buy an Family Gold Subscription. Does this make anything easier? Maybe?

Thanks in advance

Kai

as i know you cant to downgrade your son's account.

and if you will create him new account you can't transfer his achievements and all the things that he have in his account.

i think that it will be better for you to create now new account and next time you buying family gold pack so buy to his new account and not the old one.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Actually, if you are planning on getting the Family Pack you won't have to worry as all sub account (regardless of age) are considered child accounts so long as they are part of the Family Pack.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating
if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks to all :-)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Clyde,

I have the same issue, my son started playing Minecraft so there wasn't much of a need for parental control, now that he's older and plays games like Fortnite way too often I want to utilize the limit screen time options, but in order to do that I'll need to take over the master account that he plays on and then he'll end up losing all of his achievements, and likely also his screen name and such. Microsoft should really come up with a way to solve this, I'm the parent, I don't want an XBOX live account, I set the account up with my email and I should be able to manage from a website without creating a gamer profile on the XBOX. Were you successfully able to create a new account and transfer his accomplishments? Any other pain points?

Thanks,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Clyde,

I have the same problem. No way now to control his Fortnite activity. I think this is a weakness of XBox and I am less likely to let him play as a result. Do you know if there is any way to go track the amount of time the child has played on the console plus his phone plus the mac? Is the only way to get his account password and go into each device and add it all up? 

Thanks, S

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi - What is a family gold pack? I have the same problem as Clyde. No way now to control my son's Fortnite activity since he established his own account way back when he was playing something benign. Now that he's playing FortNite, I'm regretting not having parental controls.

I think the fact I can't transfer his acct with rewards,...to a parental account is a weakness of XBox. Do you know if there is any way to go track the amount of time the child has played on the console plus his phone plus the mac? Is the only way to get his account password and go into each device and add it all up? 

Thanks, S

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Clyde,

Thank you for contacting Forum support!

Unfortunately there is no way to transfer achievements, although it is possible to Gameshare the ownership of games to other users on the same console.

It is possible to manage the account when adding it to the family.

When adding the account to the family try setting the account as "Child" and see if it gives you access to manage the account as if it were a "Child" account. Add a new member to your family on Xbox One.

Here is a link to See your child's device use with activity reports so do feel free to check out this link

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You should talk to Xbox Support

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't believe they can transfer items from one account to another.  You will likely have to re-create the account under your parent account.  The controls are great though being able to restrict M-Rated content and also control the time of day the Xbox is used and even how long during that time of day.  Once the child turns 18 the account automatically transitions to a standard account.

The gold access is not shared via the family account though.  When you pay for Gold, you are paying technically for two licenses just like games.  You can set an Xbox as your "Home" Xbox and anyone that uses it will get Gold access.  Then your account is also Gold so anywhere you login with your account you get Gold access.

For example, I have two Xbox machines at my house.  I use the one downstairs in my office and my kids use the one upstairs.  I set the upstairs one as my "Home" xbox so the kids get Gold access (multiplayer, Games with Gold, etc.)  I do have to login as me and download the Games with Gold but they can play them.  They can also play Fortnite.  Even better is Game Pass as it works like Games with Gold as far as having the games on both machines.  I can download Halo: MCC on both Xboxes and the kids can login upstairs while I login downstairs and we can play together.

The whole two license thing is somewhat confusing but you basically get a copy of the game for your Home Xbox and a copy for your account to play on whatever Xbox you login on.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 3, 2023 Views 345 Applies to: