'Blu-ray player' issues

I never owned a Blu-ray player before so Im not familiar with some common issues, but with the xbox one I have been able to watch 'Inception' and 'The departed' but when I put in 'Total Recall' it did not work.  It came up with a loading animation which i believe was from the movie but after that nothing just a black screen. I tried both disc and also the dvd and nothing worked. ***After looking into it I noticed Total recall is a 'Sony Pictures' movie; it literally says PS3 on the inside ring of the Blu-ray disc.  

So is the Xbox One not supported of Sony Pictures movies?   

Also I then decided to stop trying after I noted the Sony logo and I put in the Hurt Locker now the Blu-ray player app plays some commercials then it goes to a black screen i which I can still hear the sound.

What can I do to play movies again?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Just because the disc says Sony should not prevent it from being played unless it is a Playstation game.

Try power cycling your console by holding the power button for 10 seconds until the console shuts down.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating
if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Doesn't work. Total Recall won't work at all and Hurt Locker plays all of the commercials but once it gets to the Main menu it show a black screen while playing the audio…Idk if I should return these movie since I got them for the black friday price or wait and hope Microsoft starts fixing the glitches.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok.  I can't seem to find anything regarding your situation so lets try this.  

1.  Go to My Games & Apps

2.  Find the Blue Ray player app

3.  Press the menu button on the controller and select Uninstall

4.  Power Cycle the console

5.  Go to Store then Apps and find the Blue Ray player app and install it

Let me know if that helps with the issue.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating
if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have removed the AT&T hdmi out of the Xbox and plugged it into the TV directly to watch cable yesterday (TV interface doesn't work; another issue i posted previously) and now its just my xbox plugged in with no cable plugged in and the blu-ray player played Hurt locker perfectly. I don't know if its just a coincidence but I will keep looking into it.  Thanks for the help, I understand theres not much you guys can do through the computer, I just figured I would let people know what problems are occurring.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It won't play blu ray movies made with Nero Vision where my other stand alone blu ray player will.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Both of the total recall movies work fine for me, my problem is the damn screwy controls with the blu ray player. I hate how you can't use voice controls with it and the button layout on the controller is ridiculous! X is play/pause, A does nothing, and the fast forward/rewind system is retarded how to bring it out of fast forward you need to press the rewind button however many times you hit fast forward, you can't just press A or X. And right now I'm watching bad grandpa and fast forward and rewind are blocked, when I press them a red circle with a dash through it appears in the top right. Infact the only buttons that do work are play/pause, skip forward/back, and B brings up the onscreen controls thing but they don't let me rewind either. I don't get any better results with my smart glass either, whoever set up the blu ray controls on the X1 is retarded. Sorry to get off topic like that I'm just pissed bc this is happening now and this isn't the first movie with these problems... With regards to your problem, try exchanging the movie if you can or else I'd try to reinstall the blu ray app.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

While I agree there needs to be an option for ethier Kinect voice, or controller... Not both at once... If your having issues list the disc and where it was made so Microsoft can fix it... If it's. BDRW you should know it says in the manual that Xbox one dose not support that format if BD..  With good reason, too easy too use to hack... Also try disabling 24hrz in the playback options all my movies work great and I have 52 of them in my house... Besides 60 frames movies look better Imho...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've been having the same issues with Game of Thrones season 3. After talking to support for almost 2 hours their solution was "Replace the discs", despite them working in my other Blu Ray player.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

@Mr Faffy Waffle

I'm having the exact same prob as you pal, just got Game of Thrones Season 3 on blu ray and tried to watch them on my Xbox One. All I get is a black screen the disc just won't load. Tried them on my brothers PS4 and they work just fine.

I wondered has the new update the console caused this?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Had exactly the same problem with Game of Thrones season 3, get to the tree and screen goes black, Avengers, The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings work fine

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 4,863 Applies to: