0x80831002, Failed to save game

So I been getting this problem for at least a month now and every time I call support they tell me the something that I have to re-rest my xbox in a number of ways yet the problem keeps coming back and sometimes my xbox will go in to a troubleshooting screen with a error code E200 or E305 mind you that I have sent my xbox one X to xbox to fix it and when I got it back it worked fine for a week then the 0x80831002 popped up again with the same error codes besides the support staff that keeps telling me to re-boot my xbox every time they will also redirect me to Rockstar or Ubisoft support beacuse the games that I am playing that this problem comes up in is Red Dead Redemption 2 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey, I noticed  that it's only single player games that this happens, does anyone have any advice or some way to help me please  ,anyways at this point I am really close to just stop playing on xbox and just stay on PC

Question Info

Last updated May 11, 2020 Views 545 Applies to:

Hello

Can you give us a few more details regarding this issue? Do you mean that everytime you try to boot up your console it goes into the Troubleshoot screen? Have you tried a Soft or Full Factory Reset? How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One. Are you only experiencing this problem in those specific games?  Please give us more information as to determine how to best assist you with this.

Let us know with a reply

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When I re-boot my console it will sometimes re-boot normally then other times the troubleshoot screen will pop up with a error code, I have tired a soft, hard, and Full factory reset, yes so far only in these games

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with Error codes on the Xbox One X.

Check out this troubleshooting resource article: Error E200 occurs when using your Xbox One console.

• Click on I need to troubleshoot a system update error
  • Click on your device
  • Click on I am getting an error message or an error code
  • Select the error message you receive. Then proceed with the steps.

Try this out and let us know the results.

Thanks for being a part of the Xbox Family.
Happy Gaming! ಠ‿ಠ

Sorry this didn't help.

Last time I called they told me to do this and I went through all the steps to the point where I did a offline update and it didn't work or at least that error code doesn't pop up anymore put the failed saved games still does pop up 0x80831002

Sorry this didn't help.

Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to assist, based on the information provided on the issue and troubleshooting steps taken I believe I may have a recommendation to help. Can you try playing the games on a different network. While on a different network I'd like to see if the games save there. Please let us know how it goes.

Sorry this didn't help.

Different network? You mean like using WiFi or Ethernet?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey KawaiSenpai,

By "different network" we mean an entirely different connection. It can be a public network, your friend's Wi-fi, even a hotspot if it can handle it. 

Sorry this didn't help.