XBOX unable to boot up after most recent update?

Alright so I've posted this in the regular forum already but have recently been granted access to the preview members only forum so I'll post it here as well. Long story short my Xbox was working completely fine a few nights ago, I've never had an issue with it, then I go to turn it on the next morning and it makes the start up sound and will immediately shut off within a second or two. The only think I can think that would cause an issue like this would be an update overnight that corrupted the boot up sequence somehow? Anyone else had a problem like this?

Question Info

Last updated October 31, 2016 Views 17 Applies to:

Hey burton227,

Did you run through the troubleshooting here (http://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/console-turns-off-unexpectedly) to try and resolve the issue?  Also, make sure the console power supply is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a power strip or surge protector.  If you continue to see the behavior, if possible can you test with a different power supply (a friend's perhaps) and see if the power supply may have experienced a hardware failure.  If you still see the same behavior with a working power supply, the console has most likely experienced a hardware failure and would need to be repaired.  You would need to contact Xbox Support at that point to discuss your options.

Thanks for the feedback.

-Kronos

-Kronos

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.