Customer Support told me to come to here for a warranty repair reimbursement

I have been told by customer that the only way I can be reimbursed for a out-of-warranty repair that was caused by an update from the Preview program is to post on this forum. I have been in constant communication with support and I feel as if they are putting me into a bit of a loop of trying to get a reimbursement. So here it was happened:

- On 11/20/16, my Xbox One updates to latest update, starts up new update then becomes unresponsive.

- I hard reset my xbox in hopes this would fix it, after powering back up my xbox is stuck in the green start up animation, followed by a E105 error. I repeat with no success

- I use the troubleshoot as best I can according to the Xbox support

- Not being able to find anything for an E105, I tried all the steps to install an offline update according to the other E1-- errors, to no success as the console was not responding to the button prompts.

- I call support and I am told that my xbox is out of warranty however according to the Terms of services for the preview program my console is under warranty only if an update causes the issue. 

- After some discourse Support agrees that if the console issues are found to have been caused by the preview update then the repair costs will be reimbursed.

- They setup the Service repair and I ship my xbox off to them for repair on 11/21/16.

- I call back on 11/23 after I have received an email that my console has been shipped back.

- They reiterate that someone will call me on 11/25 at 10:00am to determine if I am eligible for the reimbursement

- 11/25 comes and I receive no call.

- I call support today to inquire why I did not receive a call back.

- After a lengthy call, I am told that Xbox Customer Support cannot reimburse me for these charges and the only way I can receive reimbursement is if the Support agents on this forum approve it.

So here I am with many questions and concerns and hoping that someone or anyone is in charge on these forums can help me receive clarity on this situation.

Thank you

Question Info

Last updated November 28, 2016 Views 34 Applies to:
Answer

Hey there JAYRMe D, Let me tackle these as best I can for you.

-reimbursement would have been done if the service center determined preview caused the malfunction.  If you were not alerted to such then it would have been a standard hardware failure and there is no reimbursement we can offer.

-I can't speak for why standard support didn't call you back or why they even discussed preview repairs (as they have no correct/updated info regarding our policies) further if I'm not mistaken the E105 error usually means harddrive failure has occurred.  Please let me know if you have any other questions I can attempt to answer for you

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.