I only have one friend!

Post last night's I only have 1 friend, whom is online it states, but he's appearing in the offline and online section of the friend's pane.

Did notice this before and after a hard reboot.

Have sent feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 27, 2016 Views 33 Applies to:

Hi SpaceBurd,

Thank you for providing feedback on this issue, it will allow us to more quickly investigate and resolve the issue! We would appreciate some further information however, in order to better understand the situation. More specifically :

-Did you have a larger amount of friends on your list that all disappeared after installing a specific build of the Preview?

-Have you verified that you are logged into your Xbox One with the correct Microsoft Account?

-Have you or your friend altered their privacy settings prior to the issue appearing?

Thank you for participating in the Xbox Preview Program!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi.

I have 9 friends in total. Only 1 is visible (as seen in my feedback picture), and he is still online (think he left his console downloading Gears patch whilst he went to work).

The update was installed last night (25th) at 11:13 pm or so, UK time.

I seem to have full functionality of the console so appear to be fully online.

Settings weren't changed, and I'm assuming my brother/sister/niece etc haven't all removed me as friends, so as not to show up on my list anymore.

Have just turned the Xbox on now to see if things had fixed themselves whilst I was away, but everything is still the same as it was in the submitted picture.

PPS.  Opened the Xbox app on the laptop, refreshed everything and it shows I have 9 friends, all offline.

PPPS!  Just refreshed the dashboard on the console and friends now shows I have one different friend online and offline.  The offline version is showing the green light saying he's online, like the online section of the friends section.

This would suggest (cant verify until I get more friends online) that when a friend is online they are being replicated in the offline section, but only my online friends are being shown.

Have just sent another feedback showing the change in fried online, showing that he is appearing both online and offline at the same time, as described above.

Cheers.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey SpaceBurd,

We've definitely gotten reports from other users with similar issues with the Friends tab.  Have you tried logging out of your profile and then logging back in to see if you see the same behavior?  Also, if you can make sure and report this type of issue via the Feedback app on the console as the developers need that information to investigate further.

Thanks!

-Kronos

-Kronos

Sorry this didn't help.

3rd feedback sent.

Dang it.  Had to rewrite this post because i thought it was fixed following logging out/in.

I can fix the problem if I change the dropdown in the friends panel to Friends first.

However, if I change it back to All (the default) it is showing 3 online friends at the top like it should, but under online it is showing those same 3 friends again, and no more, with the green light to show that they are still online.

Going to submit a 4th feedback again with video showing how it changes between the 2 settings, post logging in/out see if that helps the devs any more.

Cheers.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the update SpaceBurd and for submitting feedback.  I know the developers are investigating the issue currently and if there is any update we will be sure to let you know.

-Kronos

-Kronos

Sorry this didn't help.