Xbox broke after update?

Hi

Last week my xbox did an update and it failed around 74%. The only way I could complete the update was to unplug the power brick for 30 seconds and it was okay. The next day I turned it on and it did the exact same thing, again I repeated the same step as the previous day and it was working after. Ever since then some days my xbox has worked fine as always and then others it will stop responding to the controller after around 10 seconds or maybe 2-3 button presses and the only way thing i could do was force restart it. I can't reset to factory as it never works long enough for me to select the option. I contacted support and they referred me here as I believe the latest update was one through the preview club programme. I know being a preview tester comes with this risk but I refuse to believe I should have to fork out for a new xbox or an expensive repair as a result of preventing these issues making it to the live update. My gamer tag is xoxjamesxox please advise on what I should do as I rely heavily on my xbox and not being able to game/watch entertainment is a huge problem for me. 

Question Info

Last updated May 25, 2017 Views 16 Applies to:

HI xoxjamesxox

have you tried these steps here  http://support.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-one/console/system-updates-solution

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah I tried both whilst in contact with support last night

Sorry this didn't help.

Try this:
Hold down the power button on the front of your Xbox One console until it fully powers down, unplug the power cord, and wait 30 seconds.

Please note the console must be fully powered down; the next steps will not work if the console is powered on from connected standby

Plug the power cord back in.

PRESS the POWER Button then Hold down the Bind button (located on the side of the console next to the USB port) and the Eject button (located on the front of the console next to the optical disc slot), continue holding down Bind and Eject until you hear a second “power up” chime.

Then SELECT Reset this Xbox - This Troubleshooter takes the User to a page that allows them to select full reset or reset but keep content (this allows you to keep your installed games and settings!)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey xoxjamesxox.

The behavior you are describing, and the fact that standard troubleshooting isn't resolving the behavior is indicating a hardware failure, which will indeed require a repair to resolve.  The repair options will be based on the console's warranty, but the console will be inspected upon receipt for the cause of the failure.  If it is determined the update was the cause of the failure you would be refunded for the repair costs, otherwise the console will be repaired normally.

Thanks for the feedback.

-Kronos

-Kronos

Sorry this didn't help.