Notifications keep popping up when media is playing

No matter what media is playing, TV, Films & TV, Netflix etc Notifications are popping up when full screen video is playing.

Question Info

Last updated February 17, 2017 Views 18 Applies to:
Answer

Hi morpheus2n2,

There is actually a setting to turn off notifications during video playback, though it is a little buried so is often overlooked.  If you go to Settings > Preferences > Notifications > Xbox notifications, you will see a list of notification types.  For each of these types there is a sub-setting "Hide pop-ups during video" that can be turned on so that you won't have these notifications interrupting your media playback.

If after enabling this setting you are still seeing this problem please submit feedback using the ‘Report a problem’ feature in the Xbox Insider Hub.  You can do this by holding the Xbox button on the controller until the power menu appears and then select the option on the right to submit feedback.  If the option is not a part of your power menu you can instead go to the Xbox Insider Hub and select ‘Report a problem’ > ‘Report’ to get to the feedback tool.  Using the feedback tool will include important logs and a screenshot for us to better investigate the cause of the issue you are seeing.

Thanks for your continued feedback,

-Hoch

There already off lol, its only started to happen with the Alpha updates.

Did you report this from the console?  We need that feedback to investigate further so please make sure to do so the next time the behavior occurs and reply back here to let us know.

Thanks!

-Kronos

I did whit I first noticed it but I have since fixed it, I turned the setting off Hard reset console then turned it back on and hard reset console and it sees to have held this time, must have been a glitch in the system lol :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.