Xbox Insider Program admins needed

I have 2 xboxs both with kinects, since the last update both of my kinects are not turning on or being recognized by the xbox. I contacted xbox support and after 2 hours of trouble shooting she determined it was because the insider update "broke" my kinects and that i must contact the insider program for further support. Both kinects are under a year old and already reported the problem on the insider report feedback on the xbox. I need to have someone in the program department to contact me so we can work out this problem.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2017 Views 35 Applies to:

Hi TheAstralWolf13,

Thank you for reporting this highly unusual occurrence. There have been no reports of Kinect devices failing post a particular Insider build update. If the troubleshooting steps outlined here fail to resolve your issue, please proceed with performing five consecutive hard restarts of your console in order to clear local cache and rule out the possibility of a temporary data related glitch. Furthermore, if you soft reset one of your consoles (keeping games and apps), does the connected Kinect device fail to power on completely? Or does it power on and is subsequently not recognized by the console?

Thank you for participating in the Xbox Insider Program!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

On another note im also not getting the check boxes to turn on or off the kinect via the settings menu and not being read by the xbox at all

Sorry this didn't help.

On another note im also not getting the check boxes to turn on or off the kinect via the settings menu and not being read by the xbox at all

Hey TheAstralWolf13,

Have you tested the Kinect sensors on any other console to see if they work (just want to rule out a console hardware failure of some kind). If they still experience the same behavior, then the sensors themselves have experienced a hardware failure of some kind and will need to be repaired.  You should contact Xbox Support to review your service options for the Kinect.

Thanks for the feedback.

-Kronos

-Kronos

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi TheAstralWolf13,

Thank you for reporting this highly unusual occurrence. There have been no reports of Kinect devices failing post a particular Insider build update. If the troubleshooting steps outlined here fail to resolve your issue, please proceed with performing five consecutive hard restarts of your console in order to clear local cache and rule out the possibility of a temporary data related glitch. Furthermore, if you soft reset one of your consoles (keeping games and apps), does the connected Kinect device fail to power on completely? Or does it power on and is subsequently not recognized by the console?

Thank you for participating in the Xbox Insider Program!

It fails to power on with no lights whatsoever after the reset. In process in trying more troubleshooting when I get home after work but it was weird that both kinects stopped working after this update and I understand that there hasn't been other reports that you know of it may be even that very unlikely .1% glitch but all i know is when update happened thats when both stopped and still searching for answers.

Sorry this didn't help.