Game reinstall without reason.

Today (April 21, 2017) Destiny was updating, I thought it was because Bungie released a patch. When I saw the "update" it turns out that it was not updating, it was reinstalling the whole game and DLC's. I never uninstall it, I even played it 2 days ago... Is it a Preview Program issue? Or just bad luck?

Question Info

Last updated April 24, 2017 Views 8 Applies to:

Hey Gsus194,

Can you make sure to report this behavior directly from the console?  The feedback included with that report is essential for the developers to investigate this behavior further?  Also, is the game installed on an external HDD or the internal memory?  Any additional information helps.

Thanks!

-Kronos

-Kronos

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for making us aware of Update/Re-Install of Destiny. I will be looking further into this to provide more details. More than likely if you have a digital purchase of a game/bundle. If the store entitlement changes(i.e. Now including the 10 year car pack, Bonus preorder skins, ect.) The game will re-download the updated version from the MS Store. While not providing any direct answers I hope to learn more and speak further about at that time.

-XB1R Bulletclub

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.