Preview console is suddenly Pending? Here's why!

Many of you have noticed that your console’s status in the Xbox Insider Hub recently changed to ‘Pending’ without having taken any action yourself. This was caused by us moving users who had not been invited to Preview Alpha or Preview Beta, but had at least one console enrolled in Preview, to the new Xbox One Update Preview Ring 3 group. Over the next 24 hours (and some of you may have noticed this change already), your console(s) will display as Enrolled in Xbox One Update Preview Ring 3.

Once your console move is complete, you’ll be able to manage your console in the Xbox Insider Hub, and move your console to Xbox One Update Preview Ring 4 (if you’d prefer to receive very few updates), or unenroll it entirely. If you have additional consoles you’d like to enroll in the Xbox One Update Preview, they’ll also be eligible for Preview Ring 3. Preview Ring 3 is running the current publicly released build, so you won’t need to install a new system update as part of this change.

Thank you for your patience and feedback as an Xbox Insider!

Discussion Info

Last updated March 7, 2017 Views 775 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

what about if we made the move to Beta but it's still showing pending?

I'm wondering this as well. I have two consoles, and the one I use less was automatically moved to beta, but my primary system was not, so I had to manually move it on Friday night, and it's still showing pending.

When will preview ring 3 be getting a new dashboard ?

Anthony Barnes

I'm wondering this as well. I have two consoles, and the one I use less was automatically moved to beta, but my primary system was not, so I had to manually move it on Friday night, and it's still showing pending.

Movement can take up to 72 hours to process :) . I imagine this one will make it in today.

Movement can take up to 72 hours to process :) . I imagine this one will make it in today.

Awesome. Thanks!

Mine is taking 5 days so far and still pending :( Im supposed to be in beta (I got message on the 27th) and im still pending

with that being said i moved to preview ring 4 last thursday will my registration be approved today or am i in for a wait.

Mine is taking 5 days so far and still pending :( Im supposed to be in beta (I got message on the 27th) and im still pending

Same thing here, still pending even after the update was released to the beta ring. 

Finally in preview ring 3 but when is there going to be a update i want to try out the new builds but it looks like it has nothing no updates at all i was  a preview member to try out new builds not twiddle my thumbs on a public release. 

Anthony Barnes

Finally in preview ring 3 but when is there going to be a update i want to try out the new builds but it looks like it has nothing no updates at all i was  a preview member to try out new builds not twiddle my thumbs on a public release. 

preview ring 3 will get the update next month as they just released it to beta but just a guess.