HOW TO GET IT:
• If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
• NOTE: Once the update is available to you, you can manually begin the update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Updates.
• If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00 AM PST 1/15/2018 (9:00AM GMT 15/1), you will be prompted to do so at that time.
OS version released: rs3_release_xbox_dev_1802.180109-1916
Available: 2:00PM PST 1/14/18 (10:00PM GMT 14/1)
• Scheduled Themes
You asked—we listened! We're excited to announce that we've added the ability to put your themes on a schedule. In addition to choosing either the light or dark theme, you can now schedule a time to automatically switch between them. Simply follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Theme & motion.
2. Select Scheduled from the "System theme" dropdown.
3. Select the times at which you want the light theme to start and end.
• Guide Enhancements
A new icon will appear in the Guide. The Guide Game Pass Discovery Tile (the “Surprise me with a random Game Pass Game tile”), now shows in Guide.
Fixed an issue which sometimes caused screenshots to fail to display in Report a problem or on the console.
• Party Chat
Party chat is now fixed to not crash when in the Guide.
• My Games and Apps
When downloading and installing games the progress bar and the percentage complete are not in sync and show inaccurate data. The games and apps do install correctly.
• Background Screenshots
Background screenshots are showing up as 4:3 format rather than 16:9
• Guide/Home crashing
We are aware of the Guide and Home crashing and determined the root cause. A fix is being worked on.
Workaround: In the interim please HARD Reboot (Hold the power button for ten seconds)the console to fix this issue.
• System Update
You may encounter an E105 error when the console starts up after downloading the system update.
Workaround: Select the Repair option, and the issue should resolve after rebooting the console.
• Games Installation
Games that are installed fail to launch.
Workaround: If the games are installed to an external drive please copy the game to the internal drive or attempt to delete the title and redownload to fix the launch error.
We are investigating the inaccurate RGB colors that have been reported when displaying in 4K HDR mode when playing a UHD disc.
• The left and right navigation for selecting date and time during Tournament creation is currently reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
• Left and right navigation in Tournament twists is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
• Left and right navigation in the bracket view of Tournaments is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew
• Avatars on Home
Users wishing to represent themselves as an avatar can do so by changing their settings under My profile > Customize profile > Show my avatar.